Home

My Grim Fandango 2 Idea!

Santiago C.

Hi, I am another of you who wants desperetaly a Grim Fandango 2!!!

I know that rumors say that its not possible due to "the story", but hey, look at my idea! its cool! I hope they hear it and they use it :p

"Well, after Meche and Manny leave kissing in the train it suddendly stops. Like a savotage or something. So Manny thinks, something is going on."

Thats only the beginning, but it a great way to start, I will then post my story.

Bye!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't someone once share an idea of a waiter who served on a ship and then something mysterious started going on? Sallim? Or was it JofaGuht?

Yeah it was me. Cruising onto a page made over a year ago, it lies in this post:

I'm in the anti-sequel group, but here's my idea.

The game would not have any of the characters from the first. But suppose you're a sailor or something on the cruise package. You could have sort of a disaster thing going. It would be broken up into four parts, but all parts should be on the ship. But the ship is becoming more decrepit and practically a whole new world every year. Your missions could be fixing the boat, and of course finding the renegade bastards who did it in perhaps a familiar port town. That's my idea, Ithink it would be cool. But still I'm against a sequel. I'm much rather waiting for Psychonauts and whatever Tim Schafer has in store next for us.

continued later....

The ship keeps breaking apart so it keeps getting reconstructed...it's basically a different ship each year. Maybe in being stranded, everybody's hallucinating, so the people who rebuild it make it all abstract and crazy and stuff.

Yeah, it's a pretty sweet idea, if I do say so myself. So if anyone who's really good at making games is listening feel free to make it.

But Santiago has an idea you could work off of. Perhaps the train stops between the two worlds and you start in the 8 1/2th underworld or something cool like that.

Hey! Im ashame of you!

How are you going to say that you want a new character? Manny rulz, he´s the best, without manny it´s not Grim Fandango, I think it would suck.

After the train stops, you have to first solve how the hell to get off that train full of workers.

Into de passage you can see a light, once you get out everything in the train station is busted. When you get out you find glottis cryin (like always) and he estarts telling you what happened.

Once you her the story you ask glottis to fix up a funeral car (you can find it downstairs) and once he does it you scape to a new city....for example...hem...Villa Muertos. (dead´s village)...and so on....

Please, don´t ruin my dreams :( Manny is still in my heart!!!!!

Sorry. But really, I have Manny's best interests at heart. I like the fact that the guy can move on... and really the charm and appeal of Grim Fandango lay in the world it was set in, not in the character.

ElPistolerro, you're one of the few people to catch on to that! What would you say if there was another character named Tomas 'The Red' Encion... ?

I'd love to return to the Land of the Dead. I miss it very much. But I believe we should let the characters alone with their respective closure. I love Manny, but trying to rehash him in a sequel wouldn't work.

A prequel with Manny might work though.....

If there was a new GF game, I'd like it to be a sequel with a new character. I love Manny, but his story has been told. However, I don't think it would be too bad getting a game in which the character's adventure takes place at the same time as Manny's.

We could have an LSA agent who travels around the Land of the Dead on a secret mission from Salvador and gets caught up in other mysteries as he goes. He could easily meet Manny at one point or exchange letters with him or something.

salvador now is dead, i think he can´t be anyones lider.

Ok, in my opinion a GM 2 with another character wouldn´t be grim fandango.

It will another game, with another name, and I´m afraid of the new character idea, I wouldnt like lucas arts desining a different GF.

They could **** it up.

Yeah, but you have to admit, it's the most likely thing to be done if anything.

A new character and a new name is more likely to attract a new audience, while still retaining the old Grim Fandango fans. Because it HAS been a while since Grim Fandango came out. They wouldn't make a game dependent on the previous one for it to make sense... would they?

Santiago, I meant that the story of the LSA agent could take place at the same time as Manny's journey, so Salvador wouldn't be sprouted yet.

I agree completely with MJ. If we, through some miracle, ever got to see another GF, it would be about a new character exactly because of the reasons you stated.

Archived