Home

lets see how could you react

Lets try a little strategy game:

As all here know the EAW will be a RTS, we dont know all the functions and/or abilites that we could use, so Im going to mark a situation and then you post your possible strategy, :sithk::emodanc:

Team: Empire

Units: 5 Stormtroopers, 6 At-St 3 At-At, 2 anti air vehicles.

Team Rebels:

Units: 10 Rebel troopers, 3 snowspeeders, 3 anti vehicle tanks, 1 shield generator, 2 Y wings.

Terrain: Plain, with a straight path to each landing point

Situation: You just came out of Hypespace as an imperial you landed about 40 km straight from the rebel landing point

Your 5 stormtroopers dont have any defense more than their armor, the rebels got the shield generator and its covering all of their units.

your 3 at-ats are disabled, they will work 5 minutes after the arrive, your At Ats are vunerable to the snowspeeder´s tow cable.

How can you defend 2 of your At at against 2 snowspeeders IF your Anti air vehicles can only fire a shot and you have only 50% chances of succes? remember your storm troopers must be protected

Move the troopers into 1 (or spread them out over the three) AT-AT's and leave the AT-AT's be for the 5 minutes they can't move. As long as they stand still they can't be tripped. Use the AA guns to try and take down the Y-wings who are the biggest threat from the sky (with their heavy warhead payloads), and 2 additional AT-ST's in case 1 of the missiles fail to find their target. The other AT-ST's engage the snowspeeders as they come out of the protection of the shield. This should take about 5 minutes I guess. :)

After that it's just on to advance, AT-AT's going for the anti tank vehicles (once inside the shield perimeter) while the AT-ST's goes for the troops.

If any of the snowspeeders have survived, AT-AT's should move forwards in a close formation, while 4 of the AT-ST's tries to deal with them.

Ah, I see. :)

Well, in that case, that's a no brainer then. :p

By the way, that is how I'd like it to go.

How it actually turns out would only be known when it gets played out for real. :)

The Y-Wings (if going by the way I thought it was going to play out) are very powerfull: strong armor, strong shields, heavy payloads. They can take a beating, and dish it out aswell. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What i would do if you can would load up all my stormys in an AT-AT and then use my Anti Aircraft Weapons too take out there Air-speeders then i send in my At-St's as a distraction for my AT-AT's THen i break through there lines Send my stormys out of the AT-AT's and take out there troopers with the support of my at-st's And then WIN THE DAY!!

• 1 month later...

Id wait for the ATAT's to come online, while waiting deploy the AA to the flanks of the ATAT's with the ATSTS with infantry spread around the edges

^ ^ ^ ^

[^] [^] [^]

^ ^

(^) (^)

(^) = AA ^ = ST [^] = AT Infantry dotted on the flanks, this presumes ive landed with my back to the edge of the map.

This covers me from air and land until the at ats are ready, when they are, move them in sync with the rest of the forces maintaining the AI/AA/AT cover, AT STs due to speed will move around to assist where needed, AT ATs take front positions with AAs remaining on their flanks. Once forces are inside the shield the speeders will become obsolete, flying above and higher than the shield, using the shield to my advantage.

*edit* bah these forums dont show the spacing.

Archived