Home

The Fan Art Competition Thread (ex-poll)

VampireNaomi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow really nice! How long you have worked on that? I onced tried the Calavera Café in the unreal 2003 editor...well but it sucked, and I decided to make the LSA insteadwith 3dsmax.

What program did you use? And as far as I can tell, the moddeling looks very clean!

nice one!

Yeah, that's great. Good luck with finishing it :)

Wow really nice! How long you have worked on that? I onced tried the Calavera Café in the unreal 2003 editor...well but it sucked, and I decided to make the LSA insteadwith 3dsmax

I started the outside of the Department of Death (for the GF Half Life 2 mod) using HL2's map editor. It's recognisable, but it has a load of details which would need to be done as models in another program, and I can't do those myself. So far the only model we've finished to decorate the front of the building is a lamp-post by Xebozone ;).

streetlamp0ej.th.jpg

Doing the whole thing will take a while...

This is the first large scale project I started on after switching from 3DSMax to Maya. I just absolutely love maya, I find it easier to model in Maya than in Max, but that's just personal preference. I might do the DOD in Maya too some time. I tried it once in Valve Hammer, but I didn't really like what I made so I quit that :)

Sweet, sweet fame and glory! Thanks!

Anyway, here's the new challenge for our talented fan-artists...

Recreate a famous piece of art with a Grim Fandango twist! For example, draw American Gothic with Manny, Meche, and a scythe. It'd probably be good to post an image of the original piece along with your entry.

(Another great example is that Nighthawks picture on the Church of Tim website.)

Good luck, everyone!

Well, I read something at the beginning of the thread about each round lasting five days and I don't think we're going to get any more entries...so...I guess I should do some judging and choose a winner. Man, they're both so cool.

Can I call it a toss-up, or do I really have to pick one?

Archived