Home

Announcement: Official EaW Q&A with Lucasarts

Guest DarthMaulUK

I have a few

Also on the Galaxy map note, will we be able to freely travel across the galaxy to deep space sectors (ala "Twilight Imperium Third Edition?") or are we restricted to hyperspace routes? Strategically speaking, I think it would be awesome if we could free-form travel across the galaxy but have it be much much longer compared to hyperspace routes.

How will Ion Cannons work? Will they kind of work like "deep space cannons" where you can fire at ships in other systems (yeah, I play too much TI3 if you've heard of it you know what i'm talking about)?

Seems kind of powerful of the Empire to have a death star and be able to construct it. How is this going to be balanced for the Rebellion? Will computer enemies use the death star to destroy planets?

How will time be kept track of on the galaxy map? Is it going to be a lot like the R:TW style of keeping track of time?

Planets: are all planets the same map? Similar to previous questions, but a twist: when we land on a planet, are we going to be able to move forces around on the planet and attacking cities or enemy armies much like a R:TW style?

Does fighting for a planet only take one battle or does it take a series of battles?

Are the battle objectives pre-determined by the computer or do we get to choose what objectives we do?

Will we be able to play without or disable heroes if we want to?

Modding: will it be set up that we could possibly add entire factions/races to the game and set up a new galaxy map?

I thought up a few questions,

Any plans for an expansion pack, possibly one that adds more planets, units, heros, etc.? (I know a little early to think that far, but im too excited lol)

Will there be cloaking technology? (I.E. Invisible ships, like those in the novel Heir To The Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command)

Can hero's betray there side, and turn to the other? (like vader turning good, or luke turning evil)

Is it going to be possible for Luke to be seduced to the dark side? (that would be so cool)

Will there be modding (editing the game) capability?

Any system requirments available at this time? (Im not sure if they already released them i dont think so....)

Keep up the awesome work!!!!

-Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please give some detailed information about the multiplayer part? "conquest" (1on1) and skirmish mode (max 8) have been implemented as far as i know. how long will "standard" multiplayer matches in both modes last? are "space/ground-only battles" planned? do you plan to use the msn gaming zone?

any further info would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

---

Feel free to correct grammatical mistakes or typos ;)

also forgive me if there was already a question like that.

Guest DarthMaulUK

The Q&A will be submitted this week but Im waiting to confirm 'something else' I have up my sleeve to bring to you guys.

DMUK

Not sure if it is too late, but:

- What is the deal with the rancor on non-native Tatooine and Naboo, when its native planet in Dathomir? And will native creatures play a role in the game such as the krayt dragon on tatooine or the wampa ice creature on Hoth?

- Once the Rebellion is crushed or the Empire is toppled will you be able to rule over your galaxy or will that be it, game over and back to start menu?

heh, yeah, I get you. :)

Meh, who cares too much anyway, it's just a game, it's Star Wars info importance comes far down on the list. :)

but it is a star wars game, so star wars info should play a significat role in the game. I don't want to see the Rebels flying the Enterprise or anything lol.

Archived