Home

Lost Cause 2, part 1 online!

MJ

Well guys, it's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! And I'm really grateful for you who have stuck it out, remembered the good old days, and looked forward to brighter horizons.

Lost Cause 2 is finally here!

So... what do you think? Like it?

And as promised in the news posts... bloopers!

blooper 1

blooper 2

What's up with Lubes change in accent?

Also, a new voice actor for Ham?

Also....so no avalible females for Princess Leer?

And....I thought the first series established the Jedi analog as "Red-Eyes" Or was I just hearing things?

Smashing good job, I live and breath these things, MUST HAVE MORE.

I swear I'm insane- it's nearly 04:00 and I've just finished downloading and listening to *all* of the material (10 parts of Lost Cause I, the Wookiee song, Lost Cause II and the bloopers). All I can say is that every time I try to step away from my computer and towards my bed I get a strange sort of twitch down my left side. Is it possible that I'm addicted already?

MJ, your mind will never cease to fascinate me. Me thinks me likes this new abode of mine... (Oh, and before you say anything- I have been doing my assignment, so :p)

What the zebra...!?! NEW CONTENT!?!?!?! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!! Yes new voices.....takes getting used to but fine, and I think the Leer voice if anything suit the character more. Love that the Daleks are still there too. Return of Mouldy Bun Baloney, What the what? Davros is a very happy panda indeed.

Well I'm glad that, for the most part, it seems that everyone likes the new Lost Cause. Let me tackle some of these questions that I knew would come up...

What's up with Lubes change in accent?

His accent changed? Really? There could be a slight change, I suppose. You have to realise that there was a long gap between the recording of Lost Cause 1 and 2...

Also, a new voice actor for Ham?

Yup. That'd be Stuart Moncrieff, better known for performing the voices of Death in Tierra de los Muertos, and the Evil Doctor Beazley in anything Howard related. The same night we recorded Lost Cause II we were recording a Howard special called 'The Prime Minister's New Groove'. Stuart turned up around an hour early, and so ended up being available for this. I think he did a great job! From memory, he also plays Lamo, the owner of the Cloud City Take Out Joint.

Also....so no avalible females for Princess Leer?

I actually intended to write Leer out altogether, but somehow managed to forget to. Stanley put on a silly voice for it instead.

And....I thought the first series established the Jedi analog as "Red-Eyes" Or was I just hearing things?

Possibly you're right. I might need to use a jedi mind trick on you for that one.

Thansk for the bloopers ! The should be always bloopers available ( if there are any available )

Glad the bloopers were popular! I liked Number Two hitting the microphone so much that I almost left it in part 1... I didn't want to lose it entirely, so this was the other option. Stuart gaining a british accent all of a sudden also has me speaking in my normal voice, for probably the first time on any recording. Yes, that's me asking Stuart what he thinks of my shirt.

All I can say is that every time I try to step away from my computer and towards my bed I get a strange sort of twitch down my left side. Is it possible that I'm addicted already?

I can't apologise enough, you should have known what you were getting into before you got in over your head :(

Probably more likely that you've had a minor stroke. But you never know.

Actually, that probably would explain a few things...

Love that the Daleks are still there too. Return of Mouldy Bun Baloney, What the what?

Daleks will keep turning up, and Mouldy-Bun will return at a later part, from memory. Just wait until you hear Master Yadda...

His accent changed? Really? There could be a slight change, I suppose. You have to realise that there was a long gap between the recording of Lost Cause 1 and 2...

Yeah, at least to me. In the original he sounded more like a Fonzie "greaser" type. Like a tough New York Italian or something. Now he sounds like a Texan with a great big Drawwwwwl.

It's not bad, it's just different. And again, it could just be me, and the way I hear the plays.

The time gap probibly did cause a change in voice acting delivery, which makes sense.

It seems to me there's been a definite shift from New York to a BILL CLINTON accent. Which, in my mind, is a good thing.

All around, a very good show. The different voice acting will give it a slightly different feel from the original Lost Cause - all the more refreshing.

And I laughed my ass off. Bloopers are my favorite.

PS - I'm guessing you're gonna do something with "Lamo's" blackness?

It seems to me there's been a definite shift from New York to a BILL CLINTON accent. Which, in my mind, is a good thing.

All around, a very good show. The different voice acting will give it a slightly different feel from the original Lost Cause - all the more refreshing.

And I laughed my ass off. Bloopers are my favorite.

PS - I'm guessing you're gonna do something with "Lamo's" blackness?

You mean am I going to pull an Eddie Murphy character out? No. I kinda wish I did, but no. :p

Archived