Home

Malak Saber .tga filename?

Fuu

Ive been searching the forum for the filename of the Malak Saber .tga

I think I read somewhere that its something like <lighsaber>red01....? Ugh Sorry I know a million people prolly ask this, but if somone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....F

if it's a red "color" the it's

w_lsaberred01.tga (or .tpc until you extract it) ;)

EDIT: Doh! I always get the spelling wrong.. here's the whole list.. sorry 'bout that.. :headbump

w_lsabreblue01.tga - Blue

w_lsabreDgrn01.tga - Veridian

w_lsabregold01.tga - Orange

w_lsabregren01.tga - Green

w_lsabrepurp01.tga - Violet

w_lsabrered01.tga - Red

w_lsabreSilv01.tga - Silver

w_lsabreturq01.tga - Cyan

w_lsabreyelo01.tga - Yellow

Thanks..... I was just thinking though... In the intrest of not having to ask a question like this again ( I should be able to find out on my own!) How do I look at a model to see what texture it refrences? Also, I noticed that malaks saber does not have it's own. uti <at least I'm not seeing one for lightsaber06> should I just copy one of the other ones and edit it for mine? <durrrr>

I know I'm a noOb, but at least I'm humble about it!

If I'm not being clear on anything let me know.

Thanks again.

Thanks..... I was just thinking though... In the intrest of not having to ask a question like this again ( I should be able to find out on my own!) How do I look at a model to see what texture it refrences? Also, I noticed that malaks saber does not have it's own. uti <at least I'm not seeing one for lightsaber06> should I just copy one of the other ones and edit it for mine? <durrrr>

No problem at all. Questions aren't a bad thing :D

Any HEX editor will allow you to open a .mdl file and let you look at the "guts". Alot of it will look like gibberish.. but creeping inside it the texture files tend to stick out like a sore thumb... hehehe...

For a short and regular saber, the texture color will be referenced 4 times, and 8 times for a double-saber. So when you spot the same occurrences over and over, you can almost bet that's the texture file used...

The thing with sabers, unless it's a custom color, the list I posted above is the complete list... so the blue saber will use the "blue" .tga etc. etc.

As far as Malak's .uti, yeah, you'll need to make your own and point it to the correct .mdl file. :)

Archived