Home

[FIC] A Jedi's Promise

Fuu

It always feels SO nice when someone gives me positive feedback. As for the perspective, I got the Idea from "The Mists of Avalon". For those who havent read it, the novel has three book each written from the perspective of a diffrent woman <3 generations, all related to each other but with diffrent personalities.> Marion Zimmer Bradley handled this exceedingly well, and so I thoulght I would try my hand @ it. I can definitely say that its challenging writing from two diffrent veiwpoints < I've had some trouble writing from the male perspective.> nonetheless I try to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Ive started on Ch 4. The going is kinda slow, but at least I'm starting to put together the totality of it in my mind.

Thanks for the feedback JaeOnasi. If anyone else has comments or suggestions for improvement, PLEASE speak up! :)

Hey Machiavelli, how about another reveiw? 799.gif

Fuu

Angst is a German, Dutch and North Germanic word for fear or anxiety. It is used in English to describe an intense feeling of internal emotional strife.

A different but related meaning is attributed to Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard (1813–1855). Kierkegaard used the word angst (Danish, meaning "dread") to describe a profound and deep-seated spiritual condition of insecurity and despair in the free human being. Where the animal is a slave to its God-given instincts but always confident in its own actions, Kierkegaard believed that the freedom given to mankind leaves the human in a constant fear of failing its responsibilities to God. Kierkegaard's concept of angst is considered to be an important stepping stone for 20th-century existentialism.

While Kierkegaard's feeling of angst is fear of actual responsibility to God, in modern use, angst is broadened to include general frustration associated with the conflict between actual responsibilities to self, one's principles, and others (possibly including God). Still, the angst in alternative music may be more accessible to most audiences than the esoteric tradition of existentialism. The term "angst" is now widely used with a negative and derisive connotation that mocks the expression of a common adolescent experience of malaise.

-wikipedia

In other words......EMO.

Hope that helps.

Fuu

< I've had some trouble writing from the male perspective.>
:lol: Really, Fuu? *** scratches head*** Gee, I wonder why? ;)

I've got no ideas on where you can get specific details about KotOR era ship classes. Have you PM'd Prime? He may know or be able to point you in the right direction, if the information exists at all. I kind of get the sense that it's similar to what's in the OT, only we don't have specific class names like Venator, X-wing, tie-fighter, etc. It's more like capital ships, fighters, light freighters and that's about all we see from the game. KotOR had the Leviathan, TSL had the Harbinger, both capital ships although obviously of different types. Perhaps the Leviathan could be called a "Star Forge-class" capital ship. The Harbinger seems to be the same type of capital ships the Republic used to attack the Star Forge in KotOR although I don't know what class that is. And I don't think we ever actually saw Carth's ship, Sojourn anywhere in TSL although it's mentioned. The Ravager seems more like an actual Star Destroyer as opposed to having an appearance like the Leviathan. I don't where GOTO's yacht would fit in either. But really, if there isn't anything specific about ships in KotOR-era EU sources then you've got quite a bit of liberty to do what you want with the ship classes.

Archived