Home

Name Contemplation

Okay, every once in a while a person signs up for this board to say one thing.

One thing that will, no doubt, be repeated so many times on this board your FACE WILL IMPLODE. This saying is, of course:

Sasha is a girl's name.

We know that. We know about all of the names in this game. Yet, a few people seem to want to talk about them... mostly Sasha and his mysterious, originless name. So, go ahead!

(Oh, by the way. I love you!)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought it's funny that Bobby's last name is Zilch. As in "zero." Hee. And notice how Lili seems to be obsessed with plants (she's protecting the meat plant in Basic Braining, is sniffing flowers outside the GPC in the "Shut Up And Do What?" cutscene, it's the flower Linda holds out that finally gets her attention, etc.)...pretty clever, actually.

My name means little Raven... wtf I'm a baby psyhcic from Azarath?!?!!?!? OMG.

HAAAAAAA.

Maddisson means... son...of...Maud? Wait? WHO THE HELL IS MAUD?!

Mom's gonna throw a FIT.

My real name is different... I forgot what it means. Everyone on my Mom's side is Absentee Shawnee, so we get names... mine means something along the lines of Horse something. Horse clan...

My sister's means Prairie chicken. X0

My name means that I listen to god and only god.

This is where I got the icon. I am so getting that shirt.

http://www.swittech.com/orpp/index_files/Chick_Digs_Robot_Shirt_black.jpg

All of their names can reveal their personality.

Take Crispin for example. His last name is WhyteHead. This is a jab at his appearance.

Fred Bonaparte does not just mean that he is related to Napolean. How I took it is that Fred is a pretty commen name. If people want to make an Average Joe family they probably would use Fred as a name. Average=Fred and Bonaparte=world conquerer. ALmost an oxymoron.

I took Gloria's name in literal sense as she had a glamorous life as a movie-star and needed to figure out that she still has that glamour in her. Not only that but Bonita, her inner sunshine, means pretty in spanish.

Edgar I took to be Edgar Allen Poe. As the famous writer once declared that the saddest loss is the loss of a beautiful woman. Edgar, the game edgar, lost a beautiful women close to him.

Elka Doom is pretty straight foward. She means doom to every boy that crosses her path. Except for nils.

I think Jasper Rolls was making fun of the fact that he is fat. Very very fat.

Becky Houndstooth is funny to me because my frazzled director's name was Becky.

And 'Soleil' means 'light'. Basically her name means 'Pretty Light'. XD

'Gloria'='Wonderful' 'Gouton'='Good/Great/Lovely'. Her name is very repetitive. :0

Um... the 'Von' part doesn't really translate.

Prettty Light!

I liked it though how it talks about her being pretty in the movie star glamorous sense. And then pretty in a different sense.

If you want to get off of pretty go here.

http://www.doodie.com/boss_flash_animation.php

And 'Soleil' means 'light'. Basically her name means 'Pretty Light'. XD

'Gloria'='Wonderful' 'Gouton'='Good/Great/Lovely'. Her name is very repetitive. :0

Um... the 'Von' part doesn't really translate.

Von is German (or something like that), I think...forget what it stands for, though.

Also, Gloria is Latin for "glory" or "fame," which I think is also pretty accurate to her character, even moreso than "wonderful." (I'm a Latin geek. I notice these things.)

My, is that a G-Man who cleans that up? ;D

I think he's with the mob...not completly sure.

Don't click on the other cartoons. They're pretty bad.

I found all fourteen ways to kill him.

Ah! Thanks. I meant to say that I didn't know what 'Von' meant, not that it doesn't mean anything...

I wish I had an awesome, pretty light name

You can always change your name. I like my name though.

Archived