Home

adding new opt files to the game?

TheOssusKeeper

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, this is my first visit to this thread, but here goes...

Ok, i got out and dusted off my XWA game and downloaded a couple of ship opt files, and was wondering how the He¬¬ do i get them in the game and working so i can fly them? can someone give me a hand with this? please?

As far as OPT installation goes, here's the skinny: If the OPT came as a .exe file, just run the .exe and the OPT should install itself. It's the .zip files you probably have to worry about, b/c often a too-friendly web browser will, upon seeing that the file is a ZIP-compressed file, name the file, say, myship.zip. These files are actually .xmod files and should be renamed to myship.xmod and installed using Defiant's X-Wing Install System (XIS). (XIS can also be found on Darksaber's X-Wing Station.)

I'm not sure about the Moldy Crow OPT, but you might want to do the XMOD thing b/c one of the things XIS allows you to do is choose the slot you want to install the ship in. If I'm right, and you got that OPT from Darksaber's site, you might want to ask Darksaber yourself if all else fails.

I'm not sure about the Moldy Crow OPT, but you might want to do the XMOD thing b/c one of the things XIS allows you to do is choose the slot you want to install the ship in. If I'm right, and you got that OPT from Darksaber's site, you might want to ask Darksaber yourself if all else fails.

I can't remember where I got the Moldy Crow opt, but I know it wasn't from Darksaber's web site, I tried looking there for it, but couldn't find it...

the XIS wouldn't read the contents of the moldy crow .zip when I renamed it to the .xmod ext.

I gave up on it... however I did find some cool ship mods at darksaber's site and downloaded and installed them with little to no trouble... Although they were not .xmod files but rather .zip files, I was able to un-zip them and place them in the right folders and I used MXvTED to add them into the game...

I haven't been able to find any .xmods though for some wierd reason...

I am in the process of downloading Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack, I have 56k, so it's going to take a while to download, :(

EDIT: I just found the moldy crow ship, it's included in the UCP... :fist:

PS. Thanks for all the help... :thumbsup:

NP Ossus...be sure to visit the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project for more ships. Some of the ships in the UCP are actually from the XWAUP and there have been more ships added since the UCP. We recently had a list of all of the XWAU ships done since the UCP posted on the XWAUP forums, so try to find that thread and if you can't find it, just ask. ;)

Thanks for the XWAUP link, i'll check it out...

EDIT: A lot of the ships at XWAUP look like the ones already in the game, maybe I'm missing something :giveup: I thought that these were going to be new flyable ships (new models)... maybe I mis-understood...

Ossus

It's called an "Upgrade" because the ships in the project have been remodeled (from movie and/or EU sources) and retextured to look better than the Totally Games models.

Ahhhh, re-skinned... :fist: I should've noticed, since i've been modding Kotor and Kotor 2, boy was I sleepy eyed when I was looking at them :D

K, Thanks...

Archived