Home

Always Run?

Staiduk

Hello new friends; first post here. :)

I just got KOTR2; and am enjoying it wuite a bit. I've been looking at many of the listed mods and I must say they look to be a lot of fun; however I'm going to wait until I've finished the game a few times to try them. :)

There is however one small thing I'd like to change; and I was hoping you might be able to help. In the game; your main character is in permanent 'always-run' mode. The only way to make her (I play as female) walk is by a rather cumbersome combination of key holding - an annoyance; since in real life a person wouldn't be running everywhere. She'd walk; and run only when necessary.

Is there a way at all to remove the 'always run' option; or reverse it so the main character walks rather than runs?

Thank you. :)

I suppose you might be able to tweak some settings in the .2da files, but I'm not sure how much of that is hard coded into the engine, so it's anyone's guess. I understand the point about realism, but I do have to ask: why on earth would you want the game to take longer? Every RPG that I've ever played has the PC (and his or her party) running so it's not line OE broke new ground here.

PS: Welcome to the forums :)

I suppose you might be able to tweak some settings in the .2da files, but I'm not sure how much of that is hard coded into the engine, so it's anyone's guess. I understand the point about realism, but I do have to ask: why on earth would you want the game to take longer? Every RPG that I've ever played has the PC (and his or her party) running so it's not line OE broke new ground here.

PS: Welcome to the forums :)

Hi folks; thanks for the help and greeting. :)

Achilles - to answer your question; mere personal preference. (shrug) I just prefer it - it looks odd to be running pell-mell around Citadel Station (for instance) while everyone else is dawdling along. :D FWIW; yup, like you said every game of this type I've played has the 'always run' feature as well; I just prefer to walk when possible. :)

BTW - love the 'Evil Bendy'. :D

Welcome to the forums :)

A while ago I edited creaturespeed.2da to make the walk rate slightly slower as the default value makes the PC walk like a robot.

However, this method will only change the speed and not the animation. If you change the speed for running you won't end up walking: you will be running in slow motion.

I believe it the default running is hardcoded.

Hi folks; thanks for the help and greeting. :)

Achilles - to answer your question; mere personal preference. (shrug) I just prefer it - it looks odd to be running pell-mell around Citadel Station (for instance) while everyone else is dawdling along. :D FWIW; yup, like you said every game of this type I've played has the 'always run' feature as well; I just prefer to walk when possible. :)

BTW - love the 'Evil Bendy'. :D

To each their own. I hope my post didn't come across as bashing. I know that I have my quirks as well. :D

Good luck with your quest

Hello new friends; first post here. :)

I just got KOTR2; and am enjoying it wuite a bit. I've been looking at many of the listed mods and I must say they look to be a lot of fun; however I'm going to wait until I've finished the game a few times to try them. :)

Welcome to the forums! :waive1:

I also played both KOTOR and KOTOR2 (what we call TSL around these parts) through once before installing any mods. I wanted to know what the game was like in its default nature before tailoring it to my specifications. When you do get around to desiring mods, please check mine out. The links are listed in my signature below.

Archived