Home

quake 3 source

Tinny

Razorace, i think i begin to see what you mean...

Razorace, do you think you could have a chance to ask to raven for the dedicated server part code only?

tell them we want to correct the large UDP request crash bug ourself...

PErhaps indicate that we can be satisfied with a .lib or .a for te ghoul2 part that we will link into our dedicated server executable...?

Like that they are not forced to give the code for ghoul2

if we switched it to q3 tracing, the fun factor from quake that isn't in jka would be there i think

I'm not sure why you would think that. The saber combat is pretty weird when it just uses the normal traces. Saber attacks cause damage before getting remotely close to players' bodies. You just need that extra accuracy to make the saber system work.

Razorace, do you think you could have a chance to ask to raven for the dedicated server part code only?

I don't see it happening. I only got the code that I got because I was constantly asking minor/solveable questions about the AI/scripting system. While getting such code would be great, it's just too much of a legal issue for Raven.

hum i am not sure to understand what you mean with hit detection?

are u speaking about jampgame.dll code or dedicated server code?

i was thinking i only need to add ghoul2 support and gla support and recode all trap syscall that are relative to ghoul2 in order to the jampgame.dll to know where are all bones of a model based on the animations and therefore detect saber moves ...etc

perhaps you are speaking about surface detection in the GLM model? (like tags *back, *l_arm ....etc...)

I have been working with the Q3 source and have rendered, animated GLM meshes, using a new system I made up called 'MyGhoul' (as apposed to Ghoul2, which I do not have the source for.) I based my glm/gla support off of the Md4 format, which is in the Q3 source.

Because I do not have access to Raven's source for Ghoul2, it is not identical to how JA handles glm/gla files. Models are registered with RegisterModel, and animation files are also registered with RegisterModel. They render the same, animation is different (of course), each model contains an 'animation state' that holds where each bone is positioned, etc.

Because it was written from scratch, and not with editing in mind, it is superior to the glm/gla implementation in Dragon, which is 'not as good' to say the least.

However, my work schedule just got tons busier, so I have drastically less time to devote to this. I plan on adding PNG support, and someday I'd like to add vehicle support and ODE collision testing (for melee and ragdoll.)

Archived