Home

Sequel?

Revan Skywalker

Yes and absolute loyalty was in the movie.

Exactly, it's wiki.

Just to clarify something. Just because it's in Wiki doesn't mean it's always a LIE, but we should take it with a grain of salt (hey, it's wiki!). Meaning, for a Star Wars "fact" I expect it to be backed up by an official source, or else I'm not buying it. ;)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to clarify something. Just because it's in Wiki doesn't mean it's always a LIE, but we should take it with a grain of salt (hey, it's wiki!). Meaning, for a Star Wars "fact" I expect it to be backed up by an official source, or else I'm not buying it. ;)

A lot of Star Wars wiki regarding the clones is inaccurate. Many rumors and other falsehoods that have since been disproven have not been corrected yet.

I'm kinda wondering if there is going to be a sequal as well. I absolutely loved the game. One of the best tactical shooters i've played. Story line was awsome, and I really got to liking my squadmates. A good emotional connection is made with your "brothers" the further you go into the game.

At the end I was wanting to go and find Sev, no matter what, then the game ended......... I was left hanging on what happened to Sev and the rest of Delta squad after the clone wars. Made me a sad Jawa :(

the higher ranking clones (commanders, commandos, ARCs) had more independance than the average clone, in order for more advanced military tactics. the commandos were a result of an experiment by the kaminoans in creating stronger group tactics. the commandos had a strong feeling of brotherhood since the other three commandos were the only other clones they really knew. when thinking about it like this, it is entirely possible for a scenario such as the one presented in the book Dark Lord.

A lot of Star Wars wiki regarding the clones is inaccurate. Many rumors and other falsehoods that have since been disproven have not been corrected yet.

I know that. I'm saying some of the info may be correct, but I'll look for a backup citation from an official source for every "wiki fact" rather than taking wiki itself at face value. I think we both agree that one can't expect "canon" from Wikipedia/Star Wars Wiki. That's why I suggested people in the know (like us) go an correct the mistakes when we see them, citing official sources so that some dunce can't just come along and change it, with his fake supershadow info or whatever. ;)

For example, say "it's this, as cited in the ROTS Visual Dictionary p. 25" or something like that. If not in the wiki body itself, then in the comments for the history (when you submit your edit).

when thinking about it like this, it is entirely possible for a scenario such as the one presented in the book Dark Lord.

Except that the clones are all taught to be suspicious of the Jedi because they'll one day be a threat to the Republic, so the clones defying Order 66 goes against all the principals that the clones stand for.

EU that conflicts directly with the movies cannot be considered canon.

Here's a couple examples:

- Darth Maul surviving

- Palpatine "coming back from the dead" (the whole clone fiasco)

For the record Maul's surviving was infinities as it was in Star Wars:Visionaries which as far as I remember had the Infinities label. However even though I'm an EU fan for the most part I have to agree with you on Palpatine's ressurection, I prefer to think that it was just a clone of him that was insane.

Anyways as far as Republic Commando 2 would go, I think that it makes far more sense to just do Imperial Commando because while in Dark Lord it did say some clone commandos disobeyed, they're an exception not a rule. Thus far the only clones to have disobeyed were a single clone that was stranded on a planet with no one knowing and Ion Squad which was the squad in Dark Lord and I'm not sure how they justified that one. That said, it really would be truer to the Star Wars galaxy's rules in my opinion to have Delta Squad become Stormtroopers/Storm Commandos. However they'd be around 20 by the time of A New Hope which means they'd have aged signifigantly thanks to their quickened aging. So I think that if they want to do a sequel with Delta Squad again, they should make Imperial Commando either starting with Order 66 or right after Episode 3.

Why would it make more sense to make the clones "suspicous" of the Jedi from day one? They are supposed to be "totally obedient" and they even make friends with the Jedi. Why not tell them "kill the Jedi, just wait until we give the Order 66, and pretend to be their friends and fight and die for them until then." I mean, c'mon!

It isn't so far fetched to think that these guys are like sleeper agents and it only takes a Sith Lord to reach into their minds/genetic programming and make it happen. It's like a backdoor command code. Having them dislike the Jedi "all along" is sillier.

Do these guys really need to have an emotional motivation for everything? They're depicted as tools and slaves. They do what they're told, by the person in charge. Automatons, robots, mindless drones. Even Droids are like that. They crack jokes and exhibit intelligent behavior, but ultimately somebody else is pushing the buttons and they're made to comply, not through persuasion or threats, but through CONTROL.

Why would it make more sense to make the clones "suspicous" of the Jedi from day one? They are supposed to be "totally obedient" and they even make friends with the Jedi. Why not tell them "kill the Jedi, just wait until we give the Order 66, and pretend to be their friends and fight and die for them until then." I mean, c'mon!

They're supposed to be totally obedient to the Republic. The Jedi Order is a separate organization. Now I don't know how canon this is, but in SWBF2, the storyline following the clones is that they've been taught to be suspicious of the Jedi, even if they do cooperate with them and even befriend some.

Again, it is SWBF2, but as far as I can tell it doesn't contradict any canon. Sidious saying "the time has come" when issuing Order 66 seems to me that the clones have been prepared for the Jedi's "betrayal" for a while.

They're supposed to be totally obedient to the Republic. The Jedi Order is a separate organization. Now I don't know how canon this is, but in SWBF2, the storyline following the clones is that they've been taught to be suspicious of the Jedi, even if they do cooperate with them and even befriend some.

Again, it is SWBF2, but as far as I can tell it doesn't contradict any canon. Sidious saying "the time has come" when issuing Order 66 seems to me that the clones have been prepared for the Jedi's "betrayal" for a while.

The other way this has been done is that with Order 66 just being one of the many ones, they learned it as a unlikely to be used but possibly necessary plan just in case a Jedi commander's judgement was to be comprimised in some way that required elimination. So the Clones really were close friends with the Jedi, but as far as they knew the Jedi were now traitors to the Republic and that is where their loyalty lies so they will do what they have to.

as far as SWBF2 goes, some of the events in the game just dont fit in the movies. like how could the 501st be on utapau at the same time as they were on coruscant ? O_o

Well, the "official" explanation for that is detachments of the 501st were spread all throughout the galaxy, assisting other legions and going on secret missions for Palpatine.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i had an idea for a sequel (sorry if this has already been thought of...lol)

the other ideas ive heard have been about the whole squad returning, but what if Sev is rescued by a jedi, or something? and the sequel is based all around Sev, like possibly leading a team of Rebel Commandos. I think it'd be sweet, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, play Clone Wars for the Xbox/GC/PS2

First of all, that took place on a moon of Kashyyyk. Hard to call it a "full-scale invasion" when they don't set a damn foot on the planet itself.

And here's what sources say regarding Delta Squad at the Battle of Kashyyyk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kashyyyk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Squad

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Battle_of_Kashyyyk_%28Clone_Wars%29

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Delta_Squad

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1738049

http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/republiccommando/epilogue.asp

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7995/Star-Wars-Episode-III-Leadin/

I could post more, but I think I've proved my point.

Archived