Sequel?

Revan Skywalker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
probably because the rebellion hadnt been founded yet.

Also ur not proving anything with that first comment, i already said it didnt have much of a story.

which makes it all more plausible that the deltas could stay good should they be out of contact when the order is given.

bad rhetoric, mate. Makes it look like u cant stay on topic or you dont have a clear idea of what the topic is.

its all circumstances, they followed the order because they were there to hear it, the same thing would happen with the deltas. My idea is to use something called "decent writing", ie use of things like "plot devices" and "constructed circumstance" in order to keep the "protagonists" on the side of good. If im going too fast let me know.

watch the scene again, the characters are conflicted about the decision, there isnt a resolution at the end of the game, its left OPEN, something that writers do so that it's possible to continue the story should they decide to make a sequel. Its really not that difficult. 38, the commander, is conflicted about the decision, and his sense of comradery and leader's kinship with his troops overrides his loyalty and he tells the pilot "take us back down" and the pilot, being a regular clone trooper given an order by a superior officer, does so. Advisor comes in the comlink "38, im reading that your dropship is returning to the surface, what are you doing?" 38 turns OFF his commlink. Scorch, the most independant seeming, does the same, and 40, who is still conflicted, but still follows the squad, does too. As they are landing, a loose anti air shot hits the dropship and it crashes. The game starts, and you take control of 38, who recomposes himself, and the first part of the level would be getting used to the controls and finding scorch and fixer, much like in the first game. From there, they need to find a command console to find anything about sev on the database, and pinpoint his location.

At this point, the game is set up for a level that involves fighting through kashyyyk and finding sev. DURING WHICH TIME order 66 is given around the galaxies, while the deltas are out of contact, and thus do not receive the order. This is a possible way in which THOUGHT OUT scripting can properly get around all of your easily avoidable issues by using plot devices, setting up the game for a compelling, and enjoyable story in which the protagonists REMAIN protagonists and don't turn to the empire, and thus the dark side.

if that's too complicated for you then maybe the gaming industry is doomed to mindless shooters with no decent plot progression or unique likable characters.

I would love to play this game. If there is a sequel and Sev isn't in it, then i'm not sure i even wanna play it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how about 38 and the other agreeing one (not too good at remebering names) grab parachutes and jump, while the other one stays

they get sev, yadda yadda miss order 66, join rebellion yadda yadda, later they meet old commando in empire suit and thats all i came up with by now

TK if the commandos are as obedient as you say they wouldnt even be arguing, so i dont get your "impossible" crap

TK if the commandos are as obedient as you say they wouldnt even be arguing, so i dont get your "impossible" crap

They may not like their orders, but they follow them. As it says at the end of the game, "The painful reality of the Republic Commando is that duty comes before brotherhood."

And what would be their motivation for joining the Rebels anyway? What could be so important that they would turn on their allies? Besides, the Rebellion wasn't officially formed directly after the the Empire was. How many years do you expect to be between RC and RC 2?

I like Manny C's idea on a sequel.

I would love to see RC2 but I'd want to play with delta squad again and yes, rescue Sev.

I would think if they went off to rescue, the commanders would not be too happy about that and either mark them rogue, kill them, want to mind-wipe/reprogram them so maybe that would be a reason for them siding against the empire?

Anyhow, it would be great to see RC2 and a Kotor3. I think those will be on my Christmas wishlists...sadly forever as Lucasarts doesn't seem to be interested in continuing these.

Just a side-note, I generally don't care for shooters, but this game was fun as it was for friends. Intelligent squadmates with some personality and easy squad controls made a lot of non-shooter fans play this game. We bought several copies here. :)

• 3 weeks later...
According to the precedent of the Nuremburg Trials of 20th century Earth, the excuse "I was only following orders" was NOT considered valid when you help carry out inhuman orders, such as participating in genocide.

So yes, as long as the soldiers are free agents (ie: capable of distinguishing moral decisions) they are responsible for their own actions, even if the higher up according to military tradition is ultimately "responsible" for the actions of his men. But therein lies the difficulty.

Do the soldiers have the ability to refuse an order? If Palpatine, or the officer says "shoot that man, now" can the soldier refuse? I don't mean, will he be shot by his superior if he disobeys. I mean, is he capable of refusing? If he is, then he is responsible, because he could choose to disobey the illegal or immoral order.

I had hoped to read to the end of this thread before responding but this is just TOO fascinating. Excellent points, Kurgan. One big ol' dis I have with George Lucas is that the transition from Republic to Empire is simply too easy. You can't sway a population the size of the SW galaxy by having one guy just "take over"; he would have to

a. continue to use the language of the Republic as did Caesar and Augustus, as did Hitler, as have done other leaders

b. use some excuse cataclysmic enough to convince the populace that they needed to place full, autonomous power in him, change their way of living to be more reliant on imperial power, and work together to stamp out rebellion in every form.

What could do that? I say that the transfer to Imperial power occurred due to a technological crash of magnificent proportions (like an EmP blast). What if, when the droids were wiped out,

1. the wiping out was due to an EMP or similar thing that shut down a technologically advanced civilization

2. b/c the droids were originally the sole mnemes of technological knowledge, much of that knowledge was lost

3. the terror at the end of the battle with the droids was so intense that no one in the Republic wanted to go near the chance of droids having so much power in the future.

What an odd "Republic" Lucas contrived where the bulk of its military population is a bunch of slaves. I like the sleeper cell analysis, though. That seems pretty obvious b/c if Jedi can read minds a simple grunt would have a hard time concealing his dislike.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived