Home

Someone Help Please!!!!

cockney gamer

please can someone help me, trying to run Monkey island 2 on XP. i have a double game pack of monkey island 1-2 on cdrom, MI 1 works perfect at the moment but cannot get any sound on MI 2. Also DOTT and Sam and Max double pack cannot get to work at all. iv tried the SCUMM website, but when i go to download SCUMMVM 8.0 it comes up with so many different versions i dont know what to pick. when i do pick something and download it, i dont know what to do next, how to get the games to run with the scumm. PLEASE HELP IM GOING CRAZY. Nicholas1983@hotmail.co.uk

• 3 months later...

I know you sorted it but all the same I had the same problem playing Monkey Island 2 on the double cd from the Monkey Island bounty pack the sound dident work on xp you have 2 choices. The only way to play Monkey Island 2 on Xp as it was on the amiga 600 with all the original music and sound effects is by using Quick and easy you will find it here its not difficult to use at all.

You will find Quick and easy here http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software.php

thier are 2 programs on that website you can use and both are great there is "VDMSound Quick And Easy" that fixes the sound problem and everything sounds just like the Amiga 600 version or their is also "ScummVM Quick And Easy" this program also fixes the sound problems so its sounds just like the Amiga 600 version but it also alows you the option to select what graphics version of Monkey Island 2 you want it so you can emulate the Amiga 600 version.

I like to play the origional Monkey Island 2 on the amiga 600 using the Amiga 600 itself and the disks and the Monkey Island cardboard wheel.

I Hope I have helped you and dident confuse you as much as the ones in the other posts above have.:monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

sum1 help me i need a patch for mi 3 it goes goes to fast in the first cut scene and then freezes and then says error plz sum1 give me a site where to go to fix this ?

It sounds like a dirty or scratched disk to me because it is skipping the cut scene you could give it a good clean with a soft damp cloth and see if that works or check the disk for scratches.

Heres what I would do if it is a origional copie of Monkey Island 3 boxed ring up the Lucas games help line and tell them your games faulty and tell them that you are unhappy and want your money back or a replacement they will send you a new copie of Monkey Island 3 in replacement for the old one.

Dont email them because they are helpless at online help they send an automated message directing you to the help page and that dosent help.

:monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

I Hope I have helped you and dident confuse you as much as the ones in the other posts above have.:monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

If the problem had been sorted before you came along, how exactly did the previous posts confuse him?

Cockney Gamer

How do I get it to run with the games? p.s. you may have gathered that i am a complete novice at computers. cheers

Hello grumpy old Joshi I havent just come along dude I have been around just like everyone else. It was refering to a previous post not this one in which a certain person was confused by jargon also my mate said he was a novice at computers.

Liven up will ya :monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

Cockney Gamer

Hello grumpy old Joshie I havent just come along dude I have been around just like everyone else.

Yes, I know, I was refering to before you came along and bumped this thread. And what is it with you and adding an e to the end of my name? You can't exactly find it hard to spell now can you?

It was refering to a previous post not this one in which a certain person was confused by jargon also my mate said he was a novice at computers.

Liven up will ya :monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

Didn't seem confused by the post, he just seemed confused all around. Don't blame the post. :D

Grumpy and hostile I dident realise this was your thread joshi sorry i thought it was cockney gamers thread.

I was adding a bit of humour to my post by refering to an old post in which a particular person was confused by jargon cant you take a joke or understand them.

Ray G jones understood it.

Quote by Ray G Jones

The hip bone's connected to da root filesystem.

:monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

How was that humorous? I can understand jokes perfectly, but that simply wasn't funny. it seemed like you were simply apologising for a confusing post. As for Ray, well that's just his way, he makes jokes like that, no matter whats in the thread, it's why we love him.

Archived