Home

Need to know US Military Questions

Commander 598

1.What is the current US battletank?

M-1 Abrams i belive (i am not sure which model)

2.What is the newest US Fighter?

Soon to be F-22

3.What is the fastest US Missile?

um... AIM-9M?

4.What is the most accurate US Missile?

define accurate? Nukes are very accurate, rarley miss becaue they have a big blast radius.

But my bet would go with one of those laser guided crusie missiles.. tho for an Interal Guidance system i do not know

5.How many Nuclear Warheads are currently in the US?

dont know

hope i helped some

The Nike, Spartan, and Phoenix all break Mach 5, so they're the fastest production missiles, although there are some Mach 6 cruise missiles under development.

I believe we have the M-1A2 right now.

Newest "new" airframe is the F-22, but the NEWEST is the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

How many nuclear warheads is a fuzzy answer. Treaties tell us we have 5000 weapons, either free-fall devices or missile warheads. But, unlike OTHER countries we KEEP our weapons that we had to get rid of. We just take the detonation circuits off and keep all the parts in warehouses next to each other so we can rebuild them at a moment's notice. THAT number is somewhere around a staggering 17000

------------------

jup_sept.gif

I have a life, but I feel mostly dead.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited December 21, 2000).]

The newest US fighter will be the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) a economy fighter to replace the F16 Falcon, the Military are currently hosting a competition to pick the model to make, there were originally 3 contractors, McDonnel Douglas, Boeing and Lochead Martin. Douglas were Knocked out early.

Boeing are currently building the prototype to their rather different looking, single wing Strike jet.

Lochead Martin have a Prototype that bears mcuh resemblence to their F22, with two Jet intakes but like the Boeing with one engine.

Both use Stealth technolegy, I belive that the Boeing will win, the other looks too much like the F22, it's basicly just a cheaper version.

------------------

Self proclaimed Forum Drunk

milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

I Rock (English for I have an Ego the size of a small country, like Luxumboug, or Vietnam)

Originally posted by milkshake:

The newest US fighter will be the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) a economy fighter to replace the F16 Falcon, the Military are currently hosting a competition to pick the model to make, there were originally 3 contractors, McDonnel Douglas, Boeing and Lochead Martin. Douglas were Knocked out early.

Um...no.

The JSF isn't "new" because it is still a DRAWING. Another thing: the JSF isnt' going to replace the F-16 because the F-16 Block Ds aren't OLD yet. The F-16s will be phased out around 2015 by second block F-22s. The JSF will replace the F-14s, the remaining A-6s and the earlier generation F/A-18 (although most of the 18s will be replaced by E/F Block 18s).

PS: the JSF probably won't be built. The whole reason behind the concept was the dwindling defense budget of the Clinton admin. The fighter was "cheaper" than the F-22 (whose order was slashed by 150 aircraft to keep costs down) and the Super Hornet. But now with a Republican controlled government, the USAF and USN are already breaking out the checkbooks for more of everything...

------------------

jup_sept.gif

I have a life, but I feel mostly dead.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited December 21, 2000).]

Guest Vark111

Hmmm. If you're asking the newest *operational* fighter, then I might have to say the F-15E or the F/A-18D.

Fastest Missile? A2A - AIM-54C Phoenix though the 'Winders have faster acceleration. SAM - Nike or Patriot, not sure which of those two.... Or perhaps the SM series on the Aegis cruisers?

Most accurate? By far the Tomahawk TERCOM. Of course that's *missile*. Now the most accurate *weapon* might be the GBU-15V2, depends on the steadiness of the hand guiding it. Newer weapons that aren't operational yet though may even beat the -15 (the JDAM and JSOW - both GPS guided - come to mind).

------------------

It takes all kinds... The question is, what is 'it'?

Guest Terrorist

Originally posted by Commander 598:

5.How many Nuclear Warheads are currently in the US?

How many are in the US arsenal... I do not know.

How many are in the US... Exactly two more than are in the US arsenal.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Has anyone seen pictures of the Bird of Prey "Switchblade?" eek.gif

I saw it on the cover of Popular Science (while wand'ring through Chapters in November) and fell in love.

big_0011_cv.gif

This thing is gorgeous.

I couldn't find any pics on-line, but I have the mag in front of me.

*drool*

She's a top-secret military jet from Cannon AFB, Nevada (near Nellis). When her (forward swept) wings are closed, she can speed at up to mach 3. Set the wings to the intermediate (45 degrees), and she's stunningly agile in combat. When the wings are fully open, she has pinpoint bombing accuracy.

Fast and fatal, just the way I like 'em. cool.gif

Officially, the military doesn't have a replacement for the F-111 (as of press-time), but I can't imagine anyone abandoning this drop-dead stunning machine.

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest Sgt. Cole

Did you by any chance join the Web Cadet Corps? I'm currently in the WCC Marines

------------------

To Learn. To Serve. To Advance.

Sgt. Cole, R. 101st RCACS

Guest Sgt. Cole

And yes, I have seen the very same issue. The switchblade gives me a "Wolfman". If you've seen Top Gun, then you know what I'm talking about... Think first briefing at Miramar.

------------------

To Learn. To Serve. To Advance.

Sgt. Cole, R. 101st RCACS

Guest Terrorist

Originally posted by Darth Sceltor:

I smell a Nute.

I am begging your pardon, sir. This was no Nute. This was my dinner.

------------------

I am to be bombing you soon.

Archived