Home

Patch: Nov 23 2005

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Update Notes November 23rd, 2005

Version 0.142954 (not even version 1)

On November 23rd, 2005 at 4:00 AM PDT all U.S. and European galaxies will be taken down for server maintenance and a live update.

Art

Improved many animations for NPCs and players while they are in motion.

Combat

Running now gives you a 50% chance to be missed by an NPC using a ranged weapon (Up from 25%).

Profession: Jedi

Decreased the cool-down time for Force Run.

Increased the duration for Force Run.

Increased the duration of Force Throw snares.

Profession: Medic

Executing the Nutrient Injection ability or any of the Heal-over-Time commands without a target should now target the Medic.

Quests

Reduced the experience point rewards for Mustafar hunting quests.

Jabba's Palace quests will now properly award experience points (XP) for the quests.

If you deleted your Bactapack or Slitherhorn on Tansarii Point Station and cannot complete your quest, the quest giver will now give you a new quest.

User Interface

Chat is now modal. Any time you want to chat, hit ENTER to begin chatting.

Double-clicking on a vehicle deed will now generate the vehicle.

Fixed the incorrect cursor that was being displayed for generating and storing vehicles or pets.

Fixed the incorrect cursor that was being displayed for activating and deactivating waypoints via the Datapad.

Fixed an issue where a rapid accumulation of fly-text would cause it to be pushed down on the screen.

The new player tutorial continuation screen displays in the proper location at all resolutions.

Veteran Rewards

Those players which should have been granted the Elder Buff, but were not, will now properly be granted the elder buff when they login.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Indeed. As mentioned, I work for a publisher in the UK and if I allowed something like this to be released, I would be sacked!

As I have said, NGE has created an enormus amount of lag and there doesnt seem to be a reason for it. Now theres packet loss, which is really bad - they are aware - but chose to do nothing about it!! I just want Galaxies to be the game it should be but it just isnt. The NGE is a good idea , but its just been developed by SOE so its a waste of time.

DMUK

i gotta say that i think soe have done quite well, they have started listening to the players, mabye not about the nge, but ever since everything we have asked to be fixed has been dealt with now, well my problems and bugs have been. so we gotta cut em some slack sometime.

Dont go saying hey dont deserve a bit of praise now and again cause they suck or anything like that cause i dont care.

Guest DarthMaulUK

In all fairness, these are bugs that they knew about but just couldnt be bothered to fix before launch. Yet they continue to add silly things to the game when theres huge bugs still out there.

Take a look at the Galactic Civil War. The Faction bases have only been removed because you needed a Bio engineer to take them down. They removed that profession and didnt have another plan to replace their part. So they remove it rather than fixing it.

How can a Star wars game have no war?! lol

DMUK

Archived