Home

lightsaber

Danny V

In KotOR I would venture to say it's a saber that has the Heart of the Guardian, an Upari Crystal, and the Solari Crystal. As I recall, that crystal combo provides you with the most potent lightsaber. Not sure what you mean by best combo of lightsaber though because to me the most powerful is also the best combo. :D

Pound for pound you'll get the most punch out of a dbl sided saber, there isnt enugh "good" crystals (since you cant dupe em like TSL(that i know of anyway)) to make 2 good single sabers

pluse a dbl saber has more base dmg then a single

as for crystals there is a few good write ups at gamefaqs.com about what dose what...

personaly i like 2 sabers cause you have 2 diffrent whirls of color insted of one ;)

Edit: this is also un-modded sabers fyi

what i mean by that is, is it best to have a one lightsaber, one in each hand, a double bladed, a short and a long etc....

It completely depends on the setup of your character: your ability scores, your class, and your feat selection. Your style of play is also extremely important. The game is easy enough that you can win with any saber combo if you set your character up properly.

Few people use a short and a regular saber because it looks worse than two regulars. According to the rules it should be slightly better in combat efficiency, particularly early on to use a short saber in your off hand rather than two regulars, but by the end of the game your attack bonus should be high enough that it wouldn't be very noticeable.

The biggest advantage of two sabers is being able to use four crystals instead of two. Double-bladed gives you the best chance to successfully land the most attacks in any round and has slightly better damage on a normal hit, but your score criticals less often than with two sabers. I think it's been shown by someone somewhere that in terms of expected value of damage (chance to hit*damage, including criticals) that there is a setup favoring critical hits whereby two keen sabers with high STR, master critical strike, and master speed is the absolute best setup for most reasonable Attack Bonuses.

A single saber lets you choose the dueling feats that give you a +3 to defense, which with the Jedi Defense feats adding to Blaster Bolt deflection can work well for a Force-spamming consular.

I've used two regulars, a double-bladed, and a single bladed and they can all be effective if they fit your character build and style of play.

Call me a purist; I usually run with a single bladed saber. Sure you can't kill them as quickly, but in reality they all die pretty quickly anyway.

Same, but to help I get, I think it was the Damnad crystal, or whatever the stunning crystal is, along with Mantle of The Force and Solari Crystal.

Damind adds +3 to your attack bonus. That's nice and all but considering that you get +3 AB for Master Dueling, I prefer to use my crystals for damage (for Guardians) or for Force Regen/BBD (for Consulars).

My Guardians usually use Heart of the Guardian with Upari and Solari (5-38 energy dmg, + 7AB, +4BBD).

My Consulars usually use Mantle of the Force with Upari and Damind (4_26 energy dmg, + 3AB, Force Regen:2, +8 BBD).

If you have the right feats, dual-single sabers is the best move for both games because you can more damage and ability options, you can make one saber for deflection (off hand) and one for main attacks, and you can have rainbow colors of madness! :xp: But, normally I use one for defelc, one for heavy damage, if you have a Qixoni crystal you get +5 right there, if its in K2 and you have the best upgrades money can buy you lightsaber will be able to do 17-45 damage easy :D That's usually what I do with my saber orientation but every now and then I go double-bladed depending on how my character looks :)

Archived