Home

How fun would it be to kill all the noob jedi?

JediConsularAD

How fun would it be to kill all the nob jedi?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How fun would it be to kill all the nob jedi?

• Extremly fun
    • Not fun at all
    • ahhh i am a wimpy, no db please jedi who finds this scary

listien.

one: this isnt helping new players get acclimated to a RP environment. Im sorry if you dont see that. pulling them aside to fill them in would be the course...not using them as an object of your and others amusement simply because you dont like the direction SOE went with a particular profession. its as simple as that.

two: no. i wasnt abused as a new player. In fact, Ive had a very great playing experience simply because I enjoy having fun. However, ive seen too many of your type make it a point to screw around with people who dont know any better.

three: lay off the you must be a kid crap. its tired and overused by unoriginal people who lack the ability to handle when people disagree with them. youre great plan borders on harrassment and, if i didnt know any better, systematic griefing. you want to help them? then help them understand how your server works and invite them to join in. tricking them so that you and your buddies can get a chuckle is just sad.

four: the empire employed various species when it was able. their great cleansing was going to happen eventually, but at present they were in teh position to use. but it is one of the ideas that ive always been partial too. it just makes sense.

five: there were other force using Imperials. granted, the title of Jedi is used as a blanket for any trained practioner of the force, but not every force user was hunted.

anyway...too much hate towards a group of people trying to enjoy the game. its my only beef. its just the in thing to bash the profession of jedi and anyone that choses to play it. I just so happen to see the value of each profession and loathe players who feel the need to target, redicule, and harrass some kid who doesnt know any better. sure, i'll get ganged on when I do, but, meh, I can handle myself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I didn't clarify that it was loosely put. You're taking it to serious. I was not being 100% serious about killing newbie, white robed Jedi because they are newbies. That was a joke in reference to this thread. My point about RP'ing special forces was to help them understand our server, an RP server, and to guide them, make quests fun for them, and if they want to, be a part of special forces.

Not killing and griefing or anything like that. Saying the whole purple imperial wookie jedi was a play on newbies who don't really care much for Star Wars but enjoy the game anyway. Not tricking and hurting people, helping... helping... helping...

I should have been more specific because now its an argument so here's an example.

You sign on, you're whatever class, I or someone else come up and in a RP situation showing this newb around and getting him involved in quests, other players who know this newb is on a quest play out scenarios to make the quest even more fun, you know, Imperial vs. Rebel battles in front of him or playing on their profession so they can have more fun being involved in the game.

Nobody's forcing anything on anyone. If they are RP'ers and want to have fun without grief or whatever then fine. I was saying loosely that we'd trick Jedi's into special forces because that was the point of this topic and I thought it would be a funny idea, hence me ending it with just an idea and doing my little evil "heh, heh, heh" laugh about the purple wookiees.

That's why I keep telling you to relax. Not to get so defensive as if we're being malicious. It's nothing like that at all.

So... whatever.

ill give you an apology on the fact that, yes, i was taking the whole thing rather serious, but you also need to understand something. this isnt the only board i go to and on each of them there are many posts of people specifically targeting an "injustice" they feel compelled to correct by making hte game play of new players (and respeced players) hell in a pixelled bag simply because they dislike that Jedi is part of the whole Iconic profession listing. they do this rather cruelly and many do it specifically to end out their subs adn hope they can pull a few with them when they leave...further sticking it to SOE.

this whole NGE thing has rubbed many players raw. my actions here, to be honest, was nothing more than an attempt at fairness though a bit aggressive at times and not an attempt to get anyone angered. No, i dont expect everyone to see things my way or even expect them to. my only goal has and will be to have people step back a bit from the frustration and see that these new players coming in arnt the enemy. that the new jedi playing arnt the enemy any more than the "village" jedi were to pre9's (or was it 10, i forget sometimes).

we are all here to have fun. period. and this NGE seems to be bringing out the worst in a lot of good players.

Archived