Home

How fun would it be to kill all the noob jedi?

JediConsularAD

How fun would it be to kill all the nob jedi?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How fun would it be to kill all the nob jedi?

• Extremly fun
    • Not fun at all
    • ahhh i am a wimpy, no db please jedi who finds this scary

i have no problem or hatred as you try to put it, with New players, and i have already stated that its partially soe's fault, but my problem is not so much with new jedi, its that jedi are so weak, if soe madde it a proffesion you gain through time, such as mastering a proffesion first, then unlocking the jedi proffesion which requires much more xp, because the long grind may have been time consuming but by this time you knew the planets and could help new players so you had gained much knowledge through becoming a jedi.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just for the heck of it i respect to Jedi this weekend to try it out.

results:

Challenging. I found it very challenging against ranged mobs. where as a BH I could just stand there going toe to toe with a NPC and not really worry about how many I found, as a Jedi I had to actually concentrate and stay focused; keep an eye on my target and time my specials; and on top of that use the environment to my advantage as much as possible (good foods help a lot) though the abilityh of mobs to shoot thru things was more of a concern now. overall, i had more fun swinging a glow stick than standing around pilling one proton blast after another. it was really fun..adn Im not just saying that in order to continue to counter your view on the profession.

now, to address your post. Jedi as a starting profession isnt partially SOEs "fault." its entirely their "fault" if fault is to be placed someplace. it could have been an iconic profession, but still retained its elusiveness. however, that was decided not to be. holding that against players for, now, choosing to play as a Jedi is particularly spasticated and is being used as a scapegoat because you and those of your kin lack the recourse to have SOE feel your anger; so, in turn, you go after the players. sad really.

weakness. yes, I agree, Jedi do, now, have a strong vulnerability and that is blaster fire. once hte deflect special wears out you had better be in the position to be finishing off your attackers or hit force run to, hopefully, outrun them and their weapons....and time your heal clock. outside of that I didnt run into any more of a problem than I had with my BH vs melee/ranged mobs. i could still use my DL44 so i had a great back up when I needed it. Traditionalist would be horrified to think that, but this is a new Jedi Order.

youre stuck on this idea that only Jedi had/have knowledge of the game. Im not exactly sure as to why youre so particularly headstrong on that idea because its simply not true. not every jedi had knowledge of the game to the calibur you believe they did. I know and knew several players that knew more about the game than any three players put together and they have been crafters since day one. they new all the mobs where they were how to beat them and everything around them. they werent jedi, but AS, WS, Tailors, Chefs, etc. so get off the only Jedi know it all angle as its simply misguided. in fact, the whole thing seems nothing more than a hold over from what Jedi should be--knowledgeable skilled ect--but not always were.

now, I intend on going the distance in my testing and to continue on with teh profession for a while more to fully get the feel of it. ive never been into pvp so i wont be checking that out, but an extensive check on the PvE aspect is where im heading. Ill keep you up to date, but I do have to add It was nice being in Bestine when a group of young 20 somethings came by to get their training sabers. they truely had a joy that I havnt seen in any other profession yet when reaching any other milestone.

its no entirely there fault, all this had to go past lucasarts, but it seems they dont care what happens, and dude this is boring now, we have a difference in opinion and no ones changing it, i have tried jedi and disliked it, i was simply giving my view like you have given yours with some rather childish names added. now just stop.

now its lucas arts...whos next?

as for the discussion...i have not called you any childish names, but placed the correct descriptions to several actions you have stated you have done or acted upon. if anyone is being childish I simply ask that the title of the thread along with its poll options be proof enough.

I have made statements and backed them up with experience and you just make generalized statements with little or no actual content. please dont fault me for showing a more detailed counter to your claims that Jedi are the weakest profession and that all new/respec player jedi should be ridiculed and harrassed. I have this nasty habit, though, of doing what I can to counter bad information when I know the information is bad and filled with the angst of someone who is angry and upset over something they cannot control.

Edit:

youre right...i called you a disgruntled nipplehead. however, you seem to be one...digruntled....but dont be too upset, everyone likes a good nipple.

Guest DarthMaulUK

With the lag on the servers added to the fact that Jedi have no defence(!) - being a Jedi is a waste of time. Wait until *chuckles* Jedi get their armour. No doubt, soon to be on sale from all good stockists, that is, if you can actually find any 'Traders'.

Prior to NGE, i used to love killing Jedi as I was a Bounty Hunter. This was before they changed the way BH hunted Jedi. I remember tracking one to a cave on Tatooine. He was at the bottom. I think he was level 70 or something. I waited outside then a private message appeared 'youre here for me, arent you?' He offered to pay me if I left him alone. Now. Bounty Hunters are total scum. I was tempted to take his payment and still kill him. But I just settled for killing him. So in and I went and finished the job.

I used to love the thrill of combat with Jedi. I remember battling a Jedi with all his Guild watching. It was hard work but I won...just .. and gained alot of respect from them. Now, all that is history.

DMUK

With the lag on the servers added to the fact that Jedi have no defence(!) - being a Jedi is a waste of time. Wait until *chuckles* Jedi get their armour. No doubt, soon to be on sale from all good stockists, that is, if you can actually find any 'Traders'.

Prior to NGE, i used to love killing Jedi as I was a Bounty Hunter. This was before they changed the way BH hunted Jedi. I remember tracking one to a cave on Tatooine. He was at the bottom. I think he was level 70 or something. I waited outside then a private message appeared 'youre here for me, arent you?' He offered to pay me if I left him alone. Now. Bounty Hunters are total scum. I was tempted to take his payment and still kill him. But I just settled for killing him. So in and I went and finished the job.

I used to love the thrill of combat with Jedi. I remember battling a Jedi with all his Guild watching. It was hard work but I won...just .. and gained alot of respect from them. Now, all that is history.

DMUK

How do BH's hunt Jedi now?

I don't think it would be that funny to kill all the noob jedi tbh.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Because hunting Jedi was fun (for BHs) SOE have removed it. Bounty Hunters are now pointless. NPC hunting...wwwwwoooooooo!!!

DMUK

"With the lag on the servers added to the fact that Jedi have no defence(!) - being a Jedi is a waste of time. Wait until *chuckles* Jedi get their armour. No doubt, soon to be on sale from all good stockists, that is, if you can actually find any 'Traders'"

they have defense now and they are looted from various places...They are no Trade:

From Baciacca (former Jedi Corr)

With the new implimentation of these Jedi Robe Force Protection Intensities (Armor Ratings), we should now compile a list of all the robes and stats.

Try to list them like this for easy reading:

(Thank You IrPants for your information)

Robe Name: Elder Jedi Arbiter Robe

Loot Location: Elder Reward (Ben's House Quest)

CL Required: 80

Profession Required: Jedi

Skill Mods:

Agility 50

Constitution 120

Strength 30

Effect Name: Gift of the Light Side (The force is strong with this one.)

Force Protection Intensity: Radiant

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 6500

Energy 6500

Robe Name: Initiate Robe

Loot Location: Quest reward for starting the Jedi Proffession.

CL Required: 20

Skill Mods:

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Faint

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 1400

Energy 1400

Robe Name: Padawan Robe

Loot Location: Replacement Robe at Shrine

CL Required: 20

Skill Mods:

Agility 21

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Faint

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 1400

Energy 1400

Robe Name: Cloak of the Kursk (Brown - Hood Down - Not Master Cloak)

Loot Location: Black Guard Camp on Mustafar (San'sii Loot Drop)

Skill Mods:

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Lucent

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 4500

Energy 4500

Robe Name: Robe of the Storm Callers (Black - Hood Down - Not Master Cloak)

Loot Location: Storm Lord Compound on Mustafar (StormLord Loot Drop)

Skill Mods:

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Lucent

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 4500

Energy 4500

Robe Name: Jedi Knight Robe

Loot Location: Looted from Nightsister/BlackSun

Skill Mods:

Constitution 80

Agility 40

Strength 20

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity:

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 5000

Energy 5000

Robe Name: Jedi Master Cloak (Black/Brown - Hood Up)

Loot Location: HK47 Quest Kill the Jedi guy 3rd round in.

Skill Mods:

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Luminous

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 5600

Energy 5600

Robe Name: Acolyte Robe

Loot Location: Imperial Workers in the Warren

CL Required: 40

Skill Mods:

Constitution 40

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Weak

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 3000

Energy 3000

Robe Name: Apprentice Robe

Loot Location: Looted off of a cl71 Rebel elite commando in Moenia

CL Required: 60

Skill Mods:

Agility 20

Constitution 60

Effect Name:

Force Protection Intensity: Weak

Armor Protection:

Kinetic 4000

Energy 4000

Well, here's something I'm going to try to get running on the Kettemoor servers. I watched a lot of veterens get extremely irked on the 15th because of all the Jedi running around. Now what you must realize is that Kettemoor is an extensive Roleplaying Server.

There was an imperial Jedi with purple hair wearing white newbie robes in the Cantina one night and one vet shouts, "An Imperial Padawan, now I know this game has gone to hell."

So what I'm instituting is that all non-elder Jedi must go Special Forces. If we can work some RP rewards in this then it will be all better. But most importantly, all newb Jedi's must NOT be allowed to wear their obvious padawan robes in public. Old brown robes are okay (like the one's Obi-Wan wore in A New Hope) but nothing that symbolizes the Old Republic Jedi robes.

It's not that we're playing fashion police, we just don't like newbie Jedis running around waving melee sticks and we especially don't care for white padawan robed newb Jedi's hanging around our Cantina. I got yelled at by a vet for even conversing with one of the newbs. (Yes, some vets were that serious which is why I love the server).

So you might ask how are we going to convince Jedi to go Special Forces for the majority of their game play time? Well for the newbs its simple, we trick them. Hahahahahaa! Mean? Maybe... okay... yeah. But it's not like we won't help them up afterwards. We'll explain what happened, reward them with it and help them work with all of us to make this NGE disaster a more "Star Warsy" place to commune. Taste the sarcasm? But you know what I mean.

I want to build a team of quest runners where we provide content, fun factor and adventure for newbs while in the middle of quests to help them level, promote RP and get into the spirit of Star Wars and the Jedi remaining hidden and out of the absurd newbie kewl d00d, white robed Imperial Padawans we got running around Mos Eisley.

Just some ideas.

seriously, though, that happens to be one of the worst displays of idiocy that ive read so far to date....and ive read the SOE forums for a number of years. thats just horrendous. roleplay or not...what you propose goes beyond playing a game.

oh, and just so I know...where is your cantina?

How is helping new players adjust to an RP server idiocy? How is trying to make the best of this disaster horrendous?

I think you're reading too much into things and you're obviously not RP. That's fine. Relax. Come to Mos Eisley with your purple Imperial Wookiee. We may point and laugh but we won't run you out.

Again, relax and move along. Move along.

How is helping new players adjust to an RP server idiocy? How is trying to make the best of this disaster horrendous?

I think you're reading too much into things and you're obviously not RP. That's fine. Relax. Come to Mos Eisley with your purple Imperial Wookiee. We may point and laugh but we won't run you out.

Again, relax and think before you post.

ah, i see, using new players as your punching bags because you lack the ability to do so to SOE, i suppose, is justified in a warped sort of way. why not target any Jedi, elder or not, to go SF the entire time they are online...or nail them for running around in their arco, knight, or elder robes as well? why not them? why just the fresh player looking for a bit of fun?

who are you making it "best" for? surely not the player who bought the game looking to have fun who knows nothing of you adn yours anger with SOE for taking your little club house away. surely its not int he RP sense to target just one aspect of a playerbase for harrassment. what about all those respec BHs? surely those hours spent tracking and camping amount to some sort of elitist level? oh the fun we could have with them!! and the commandos, too!! who runs around in armor all the time?

and yes, I do play RP about 90% of the time im online, but what you are suggesting isnt RP...its a pathetic attempt at getting kicks mocking and harrassing a new player. and you tell me to think before I post?

aaawwww come on jedi imperial wookiees crack me up, and like i already said on one thread i do think soe should add restrictions to some species beyond clothing. like if a wookie trys to sign up as imperial he gets told no, or any non human species for that. and if your imperial you really shouldnt be a jedi because imperials hunt them.

aaawwww come on jedi imperial wookiees crack me up, and like i already said on one thread i do think soe should add restrictions to some species beyond clothing. like if a wookie trys to sign up as imperial he gets told no, or any non human species for that. and if your imperial you really shouldnt be a jedi because imperials hunt them.

Or, the empire should hunt rebel jedi!!! That would be awesome :smash:

i just created an account for replying in this thread, and i know i may be spammed for this, but hey, this is the SWG forum way it seems.

I have just started playing the NGE after i stopped playing SWG in sep/oct time, and thought what have they done??

granted i wasnt the most loyal of players (i played pre-CU and wasnt keen on it, played post-CU and only playing in a guild/space missions kept me on there) but the NGE has seemed to, mind my French, S*** on the shoes of the players who have been on for a long time.

so i waited the time it took to install the hotfix (about an hour) and loaded it up, to find my main pilot characters server not connecting..... fun.

so i decide to make a new character, and saw the choices of career, and saw jedi sitting there. Now i have been in guilds where they have struggled for ages just to get this FS slot, and now i can choose it right away, i feel sorry for my guildmates on the other servers. but i click jedi anyway...

after the rather amusing intro section (amusing as i see a load of people not leaving that section with easy-to-kill enemies and boatloads of EXP, seriously i saw someone in that tutorial station on level23, and then they left (i left level 8, but shhh) i arrived in Mos Eisley, only to be frowned upon by most people for having normal clothing on, but forgot to un-equip my jedi training staff. i mean even elder Jedi were shouting at me.

this isn't the type of community i remeber, or want to come into if i was a total newbie player who just bought the SWG Starter Kit, i'm just glad ive been playing for a year and a bit to know the sort of anooyance these other people were feeling.

all this because i couldnt play on my other server....

ah, i see, using new players as your punching bags because you lack the ability to do so to SOE, i suppose, is justified in a warped sort of way. why not target any Jedi, elder or not, to go SF the entire time they are online...or nail them for running around in their arco, knight, or elder robes as well? why not them? why just the fresh player looking for a bit of fun?

who are you making it "best" for? surely not the player who bought the game looking to have fun who knows nothing of you adn yours anger with SOE for taking your little club house away. surely its not int he RP sense to target just one aspect of a playerbase for harrassment. what about all those respec BHs? surely those hours spent tracking and camping amount to some sort of elitist level? oh the fun we could have with them!! and the commandos, too!! who runs around in armor all the time?

and yes, I do play RP about 90% of the time im online, but what you are suggesting isnt RP...its a pathetic attempt at getting kicks mocking and harrassing a new player. and you tell me to think before I post?

You must've been abused when you were a newb or something. Like I said, relax. You're reading waaay too much into this. You think helping new players get involved in a game featuring a galactic civil war is wrong? You call that harrassment, helping new players quest and gain rank so they can have fun playing special forces game IF THEY WANT TO?

Dude. Go make some warm milk and get some sleep. It's way past your bedtime. Let the grown ups talk.

Archived