Home

help with animated placeables

jinger

I get same problem and from what I know you can't edit animated placeables. I was try to make new model for forcecage and animation was down. Same result was when I export ascii model and recompile without loading in 3d editor or make any modification. So, beside editing textures you can't do much.

what's with them? if i edit placeables with smoke, sparks and stuff - say i make a reskin - when it's done there's no smoke, no sparks, no nothing. i'm using kotorTool, 3dsmax and mdlops.

I believe this is because those placeables use (effect) emitters, and I don't think MdlOps is able to handle importing/exporting emitters properly at the moment.

I believe this is because those placeables use (effect) emitters, and I don't think MdlOps is able to handle importing/exporting emitters properly at the moment.

i see. both kotorTool and mdlOps get me…

node dummy smoke_robo03
 parent PLC_Robo2Lie
 position -0.0882067978382111 0.193268999457359 0.414036005735397
 orientation -0.0552953157860918 0.998450240073261 -0.00630131126382281 3.1714799408918
 alpha 0
 wirecolor 1 1 1
 specular 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
 shininess 0.000000
endnode

…just this about the emitter would-be (it's a smoky broken mining droid), there must be some keyword for the vfx that has no match in the script language, how sad :(

i was thinking maybe the vfx's of a model are defined somewhere else. i just learned about walkmeshes, before this i could walk right through the placeable. am i just missing something? :) now as far as i know, making a placeable is all about: mdl, mdx, utp, pwk, placeabes.2da, placeableobjsnds.2da and placeabletypes.2da …is there more to the goddamn thing? >_<'

^^^^

The KotOR *.mdl/*.mdx formats are proving very hard to decipher, and a lot of data in them hasn't been deciphered yet. So, even though the animations have been cracked, as cchargin said, there are a few meshes that aren't supported by NWMax (the utility that imports/exports model files), because it was made for NWN, and there are holes in the data stuctures as well, so you probably have to wait for a while until you can edit the placeable in question and have it work properly.

the replacer function in MDLOps is not just for lightsabers! You can use it with placeables also. That will get around the animation and emitter problems.
i guess it's time to find out what's this replacer function …*reading*… i see :) so i could replace the trimesh directly into the binary model and keep the effect emitters. will do, thanks a lot

Archived