Home

CHEAT USED

StaffSaberist

I was playing TSL (That's right, finally got it after it was sold-out for a week or two) and made the horrible mistake of going to Dantooine first. I only had two pieces of my lightsaber, IIRC, so I was wielding a vibrosword. I took Bao-Dur and Handmaiden with me. We did exceptionally well - until after I helped free Vrook. I cleared the caves, getting some nice crystals. I quiksaved before exiting. I had a bad feeling, since KotOR loves to have bosses appear as you leave a key point... (I'll confess it took me an hour to find the caves, because I assumed I knew Dantooine.)

I went out, and found a rougue boss along with no less than 6 thugs w/double-bladed vibroswords. I refused to back down, reading on the net that Handmaiden likes a strong will, and of course, good deeds. Being LS, this was easily said - but my entire party was dead in a record-braeaking 15 seconds.

Reloading, I used all three stims on myself and party, and activated Mandalorian Melee shields. I threw a grenade. I used Whirlwind. Still, everyone died. Cursing, I quit the game and enabled cheat mode. I realized it was a mistake to come here first, but what choice did I have now?

My Gaming Keyboard is all-powerful and awesome, but it lacks a working console key. I switched keysets to my standard, and typed in the invulnerability cheat. I then switched back. You can probably guess that I won the fight next time.

I was truly forced to cheat to win, and I regret it now. Every time I see the load menu, I see the CHEAT USED message embedded on the screen. I don't like to cheat, but I am like that Sullustan trader who felt he had to strip defense droids. Is there a mod that removes the message, and therefore the guilt?

You could lie to Azkul, saying you will cooperate with him. This way you wouldn't need to fight 7 mercenaries at once, but you could still stand at Khoonda's side.

Either that, or don't make Dantooine your first planet. Still, it's confusing you didn't have a lightsaber, you should have... if you bothered to return to the Ebon Hawk and get Visas into the party, of course.

you can use the save game editor it has a part where it asks you if you cheated and say no the message will disapear and all the greif it put you through will lift off your shoulders

That so? I'll look around for it, I'm sure a billion n00bs just asked where to get it. A quick google...

You could lie to Azkul, saying you will cooperate with him. This way you wouldn't need to fight 7 mercenaries at once, but you could still stand at Khoonda's side.

Either that, or don't make Dantooine your first planet. Still, it's confusing you didn't have a lightsaber, you should have... if you bothered to return to the Ebon Hawk and get Visas into the party, of course.

I'm sure you made the same mistake the first time you played through. ;) No, I did not go back to the Ebon Hawk. Never knew there was a reason to. I was too busy getting blown away by TSL's cool features.

I'll probably just do Dantooine second. I like the influence you get for being stalwart. :D

Click on that HUGE pic at the top of the screen that says StarWarsKnights.com, that's the website for this forum, most of the essential tools should be DLable from there:)

Did you try using any powers, or just basic attacks?

P.S. You couldv'e just asked how to get CU off the screen, a lot of us cheat (not usually godmode for me though) it's a good way to get modded items into the game, and the only way to get into new areas (unless there are scripts to do so):D

Archived