Home

need to finish a model

Ranius

i have made 2 models in demo milkshape 175. they were in *.glm stasis and needed a skeleton along with the wrapping, but then milkshape expired. i cannot afford(/must not actually) buying modeling programs to finish them, and redownloading doesn't work with me, so i would merley ask for some help on this matter. maybe someone with modeling experience and means could put in the skeleton and wrap it out...though i think i somehow already did that...weird...

Well I have news for you.

Only XSI Mod Tools, and 3DS Max can create XSI files with proper hierarchy, weighting, etc, and have them compiled into vehicles or player models with carcass.

Millkshape can only create weapons, and map objects, which cant use a skeleton.

go to http://www.softimage.com for XSI Mod tools, it is free.

And tutorials litter the filefront forums, as do criticising people who always think they know best...

Good luck ;D

i got a plugin from jk3files, enabling me to export .xsi from milkshape. aswell, milkshape has a "joint" utility in it. how can these help?

oh, yeah...i looked in modview...how many bones are there supposed to be in a reborn? and how detailed? do i have to document every knuckle in the fingers?

sorry for these...nooobish Qs but i am new. :)

one more newby q. how do i import glm models into softimage? or how else can i put a skeleton into it?

actually...how do i even work with it? as far as i've noticed this thing has no glm importer...so how does one do anything here?

what does a making of a xsi file include? ...the "correct skeleton" creation...

now i am starting to wonder what *is* a xsi file... 0o

i was wondering...when i opened modview i found a list of bones (of wich i won't even bother trying to remember any). and it was quite long. do i have to make all those bones, or are they self-added or what?

additionally, do you know af any good tutorials wich would aid me in this? i found one but it was basically 2D and non-Q3.

i found this browsing the forums:

OMG you can only do that with sabers >_> for player models and vehicles you need to have a program that can weigh a mesh to bones and give the model the proper heirarchy, milkshape cant do that. sorry to say but, its a waste of $30. then you have to export to .xsi and bring the model into carcass and attach it to the _humanoid.gla and compile it, then you get the .glm. exporting to md3 then to glm will not let you do all this, many have tried before and it is IMPOSSIBLE to use ms3d to get a player model or vehicle in game.

but can i import a *.ms3d into softimage_xsi?

but let me get this sraight: i make a model in milkshape, then use some plugins i got to export it as a *.glm and *.xsi ... then import it into softimage_xsi...then what?

export the model from ms3d as .xsi then you can import it into softimage|XSI, youll have to rig and hierarchy it first. youll also want to look at the hundreds of tutorials on the softimage site as well as the VERY helpful help file, between the two of these theyll be able to answer any question you may have.

In the Downloadable Jedi Academy SDK, there are several XSI files, each of which includes skeletons, and there are several for the _Humanoid animation.

You also need the correct hierarchy, which is why milkshape is usless in making a vehicle or player model.

how am i to distinguish betwen those, applicable for _humanoid?

additionally, i don't quite know wich downloadable SDK do you mean... the one, to wich you sent me a link, or something else?

Archived