Home

New sig

Guest Zoom Rabbit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wizzywig

ZR--

Thanks for the info (including the pea soup recipe). I'll let you know when the book is about to be released.

As for Conor, I had tried the Lycos white pages, but was unaware of switchboard. Thanks for that lead, even though it didn't pan out.

Cya--

da wiz

------------------

VISUALIZE WHIRLED PEAS

Originally posted by Taarkin:

NO IT ISN'T! HE NEVER SAYS THAT EVEN THOUGH EVERYONETHINKS HE DOES!!! He actually says "No, I am your father!" tongue.gif

DORK, anyways, movin on down...if any of you wonder what I am doing up sooooo late for me, I am installing win 98 se for my bro, he needs it tomorrow, I have had his puter for 2 weeks, but some things went wrong that took me awhile(and a a few friends) to figure out how to fix, so alas here I am up late..............

Now for my picks, late as usual, goldeneye for game, I just had/have more fun playing it still than PD, and a tie for movie, goldfinger/thunderball. Gotta take the calssi connery's man, they DEFINE bond, or something like thats, its too late for me to awake, and sober wink.gif

Cracken do u play Counter Strike? because i remember playing it a long time ago and someone really wiered started shouting out NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!

Guest Lord Emperor Zoom Rabbit

I reveal myself now in imperial splendour; quiver thee now prostate on the ground before me in mindless terror.

*(Makes the entire universe spontaneously produce infinite weasels.)*

biggrin.gif

------------------

"It's great to be the king...but Lord Emperor just sounds better."

Guest Zoom Rabbit

*(Goes back in time, executes Manhattan Project team with trained ninja weasels. Convinces science that nuclear energy was a math error, and leads the world into a future where atomic reactions remain unknown until we begin interstellar flight research in the late twenty-first century.)*

Hah. biggrin.gif Bunny hops off, safe.

Guest wizzywig

Give it up, Admiral.

The only thing that can kill that turbocharged rodent is the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (see the Book of Armaments, chapter 2, verse 9 to 21).

hhg5.gif

THE HOLY HAND GRENADE OF ANTIOCH

Btw, Zoom, what is a "thrash monkey"?

And no, we haven't had a chance to try the pea soup. I offered to make a pot for the Super Bowl party, but was voted down. It was Buffalo Wings and Bratwurst again.

--da wiz

------------------

VISUALIZE WHIRLED PEAS

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Split pea soup, no matter how yummy, will never go over at a football party!!! eek.gif Here is a good football recipe:

The Devil's own Chicken Strips

This one's simple. Maybe. You need boneless chicken breast (raw), flour, tempura batter, cajun seasoning, tabasco, worcestershire sauce and shortening (like Crisco.)

The trick here is deep frying at home. You take a big pot, spoon in enough shortening to fill the pot a few inches deep, then heat it on the stove slowly to 375 degrees fahrenheit. If you don't have a kitchen thermometer that goes that high, you can try testing it the old-fashioned way. Flick a drop of water in the boiling oil--it will make a 'squawk' noise. When the oil says 'squeak,' it is hot enough, and you should adjust the flame to stay at that temperature.

What does this have to do with Star Wars? Chewbacca likes spicy food. biggrin.gif

Anyway, assuming you have successfully mastered the art of deep frying at home (which can be dangerous if the hot oil is spilled--kids, take heed!) the next step is to cut your raw chicken into long strips and marinate it in the tabasco and worcestershire (equal parts) for an hour.

Next, make the cajun batter. Follow the directions for the tempura batter (usually, you just add water) then stir as much cajun seasoning as you think you can handle into the batter. After the batter is done, lay some flour in a separate shallow pan. You're ready to cook.

The idea is to pick up the chicken, roll it in the flour, dip it into the batter, then drop it into the oil. Hold the chicken in the oil for a few seconds before letting go; otherwise, it will cook to the bottom of the pan. Then, let go of the chicken without burning yourself--some of us may want to use tongs to hold the chicken. The chicken will bounce around in the oil and cook, floating up to the top when it's done. You can cook several chicken strips at once.

After the strip has floated to the top, take it out with tongs and lay it on a folded paper towel (to strain off the grease.) Serve the chicken strips to your drunken football hooligan guests immediately. For a dipping sauce I would recommend bleu cheese dressing, or maybe ranch. Bon appetit! biggrin.gif

A thrash monkey is an overstimulated twenty-first century cyberhominid that flies around in space and shoots things. Namely...us. wink.gif

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?!? Outta here--!

<font size=1>*Zoom!*</font>

mmmmm...chicken. my favorite land animal to devour. fortunately, my mom knows how to deep fry stuff so i don't have to worry about injuring myself there biggrin.gif

perhaps that is how i will cook the strong and powerful chicken i am raising when the time has come.

I talk to the chicken. I say things like "GROW MY PRECIOUS" and "Soon I shall CONSUME you." Sadistic? YES. Hungry? YES. It all works out.

Archived