Home

Just Getting started Modding Kotor

Padawan Learner

In advance I am new at this forum stuff so if it is not right I am sorry

This is not a request per say but I was wondering if it is at all possible to take a person for example Viasa Marr out of Kotor 2 and put Her in as the main Playing charater in Kotor 1 I am sorry if this question is not in the right forum

Padawan learner

Welcome to the Forums.

If you are talking about porting things from KotOR II to KotOR then that is something that we cannot do ... we aren't even allowed to discuss it. Check out the forum rules:

14. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited NEW!

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Also, modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.[/Quote]

So I'm afraid you cannot do it. Enjoy your modding though. I never release anything (Because my stuff is awful/incomplete/broken) but it is always good fun - Welcome!

We may not be able to port assets from one game to another, however, with the animations for KotOR models cracked, someone could probably edit a similar skeleton (Bastila's for instance), and place a new mesh on it to make it look like Visas once the skin mesh format has been figured out and an NWMax patch for KotOR has been released. So, not now, but perhaps in a few months.

Sorry Padawan Learner, but we simply cannot discuss this, as pointed out by Pavlos above.

Please read our Holowan Labs Forum Rules & Etiquette thread. I'm going to have to close this thread... and move it to the requests forum as it is more for that forum.

Don't let this discourage you from modding KotOR or TSL in other ways though! Also as jmac said it might be possible to build something from scratch in the future, so all hope is not lost. ;)

Lastly welcome to the forums! :waive1:

Archived