Home

TSL Quirks

The_Exile

Greetings,

Finished TSL for the first time since getting it a few months ago, I rushed to get it but never had the heart to finish it (was about 75% done) when I started to hear from others it was so hobbled.... anyways!

Funny things I noticed:

1) The current voice seems to always be animated on the main character. That is to say, if there is an off-screen voice from say, a computer playback, the camera zooms out but you can still see them lip sync the dialog.

2) NWN has a silly guy who joins/tutorials you when you FIRST start, same silly voice belongs to the crewman who joins/tutorials you in KOTOR1 (I know thats not KOTOR2 quirk, but always wondered if anyone else noticed it.

3) Davik (Crimelord, KOTOR1) is recycled voice and everything into the first Captain of the Guards on Telos Citadel Station.

4) Weirdest modeled NPC, imo, was the young man in the Onderon Cantina (he was a character witness). He has the most odd features, almost like someone wrapped a picture of a real face. I play at pretty high res, so maybe not everyone was weirded out by him as I was ;)

5) G0-T0 always seemed to me to be a computer (my first time through), but the second time I doubted the intention of that impression by OE. What I am meaning to say is, he isn't a droid extension of someone named Goto. Goto IS a droid.

What obscure silly quirks stuck out in your mind?

OH! One other thing that really made me laugh:

In a funny satire on the whole RPG "experience" was when the Jedi council on Dantooine describe the condition of the Exile's existence: "You cut through hundreds, killing your way to greater power, the death you leave behind is the echo/scar of the Force" (Something along those lines, I wish I wrote it down for a better quote but alas, you get the idea).

2) NWN has a silly guy who joins/tutorials you when you FIRST start, same silly voice belongs to the crewman who joins/tutorials you in KOTOR1 (I know thats not KOTOR2 quirk, but always wondered if anyone else noticed it.

Cam Clarke did the voice of Pavel (and Bim) in NWN if that's who you are referring to, he also did Sky in Jade Empire. Cam has a very distinctive voice and I have to say that Trask sounds nothing like him. ;)

Cam does do several voices in KotOR like the scientist in the underwater base and couple of others, however.

#3: Yes, OE recycled many of the K1 heads, but I do not recall hearing Davik's voice anywhere in the game. Maybe a slight exaggeration? :eyeraise:

#4: OE had a contest where the winner would be featured in the game. Apparently that's what the contest winner looks like. Oddly enough his texture is contestwinner.tga or something like that :D

Cam Clarke did the voice of Pavel (and Bim) in NWN if that's who you are referring to, he also did Sky in Jade Empire. Cam has a very distinctive voice and I have to say that Trask sounds nothing like him. ;)

Cam does do several voices in KotOR like the scientist in the underwater base and couple of others, however.

Hey Also did Max Sterling in Robotech, so he has been around a while. :)

#4: OE had a contest where the winner would be featured in the game. Apparently that's what the contest winner looks like. Oddly enough his texture is contestwinner.tga or something like that :D

You'll find the original Nikko here:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25544&view=findpost&p=198583 :p

and the explanation of the contest: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25544&view=findpost&p=196323

Archived