Home

So Should The Vets Just Leave?

lucyan

HMMM! Alot of talk about pre-cu...do i hope its true, yes....do i think its going to really happen, sadly no. So should the vets just let it go? Should i just stomach my losses and pray a new game will come out as diverse as the pre-cu? Never thought a video game could hurt my feelings.

i think ill take a phyc look at it...

One starts this game (launch) not knowing what to expect. After about 2-3 weeks finally has the game pretty much down, basics wise. Starts to become good friends with others, mabye starts or joins a guild. a few months down the road, into pvp, getting some good loot, loves it so much one decideds he needs another account for crafting. 24 proffessions later on main one is still playing every day. One was never bored and infact became attached to his character. 2 more profs later... a special musics sounds after becoming an armorsmith and a lil sig that says "congradulations, you have just unlocked your force sensative slot". Wow one thinks after 1 year i finaly made it. 10 months later, after killing and being killed by bh one completes his well choosen template, one becomes known for combat, items, crafting, and his kindness even though hes an imp. CU hit, NP games still ok, becomes known server wide. part of the most hated but respected guilds on server, earns name, helps noobs, takes on pads when they need it.

do you see the attachment one would have to a 2.5 year old character, hell id even call him an alias or a brother.

within 2 weeks all of this items, diverse skills, city, guild, friends (by the hundreds), and skill poof. Nothing left except a vessle, and an empty one at the least.

well at least i can glow....

Please if there is no hope for pre anything let the vets have the final blow and move on cause really its becoming very deppressing

I can understand your argument. 2+ years is a great deal of time to commit to a game, or any endeavor. You become used to a system, you make aliies and friends, albeit many virtual, but friends nonetheless. You make a second home, if you will, in a persistent environment like an MMORPG(which is really it's purpose).

However, in the end, you understood, as did I, and anyone who played this game(at least you should have)that nothing in this game belonged to us and that we were here at the discretion of the game hosts. Our characters and their possessions, were never ours. They remained the property of SOE, to do with as they saw fit. That is the hard truth. SOE reserved the right, per the EULA, to change the game experience at any time.

That being said, many people do not like the new system and have made their feeling known. Fine. I suppose one must vent. However, it's becoming quite tiresome and annoying at this point. No one is forcing a player to stay in SWG. They have the right to spend their money where they wish for their optimal enjoyment. The NGE is the new system now, and it will remain for the foreseeable future, if not permanently. The devs have stressed that while some aspects of the old system may find their way back into the game, such as some professions to broaden the game experience, the old PRE-CU system is gone. That's it.

So, to answer your original question, lucyan, I say vets should do what they feel they must concerning SWG. No, that does not mean polluting the boards with your anti-SOE propaganda, because players are getting quite tired of hearing it.

What I mean is they should stay if they wish, or leave if they wish. It is their choice. I know vets who like the NGE, I know some who do not, and I know some that are undecided and are in a "wait and see" perspective. All I ask of anyone who is here, be they veteran, or new player, is to be a constructive contributor to the community.

Hateful, spiteful, and angry words benefit no one.

well i agree people should just let it go but its hard... we are talking about 1000's of hours. I agree though, after feb first its dead to me, and thats going to be a sad day. But i will rid myself of the forums and let lucyan rest in peace. and mabye one day a classic server will open who knows.

thanks for the well thought out response.... even though a lil harsh i needed to hear it from an outside source.

i am just fed up of the players more than soe in short, they are the ones that are currently screwing the game up, vets spam, noobs are rude. SOE are gonna change some stuff soon, i dont know what but for gods sake stop complaining in game!!!! It only gets reported as a harrasment and to be honest i always think that spammers are embarrising themselves. I actually quite enjoy the NGE with the new questing system because i dont go around killing bols all day.

i Actually quite like the new proffession system if they would make jedi a proffesion you gain after you hit lvl 90 and do the village or something like that again, but also it would be good to add a few more proffessions like creature handler, or creatur scientest which could incorporate elements of bio engineer into it, and give the tailors the clothing side of bio-engineering, so they have a key role again, as i still wear my old bio-engineered shirt under my suit of armour,lol

I'm a June 2003 vet and am going nowhere, I'm sticking with the game. I may be crazy in doing so, but I'm going to tough it out and see what happens. I prefer pre-cu days true, and I do miss alot of my old friends, but it will be interesting to see where this game goes now.

The vets who choose to stay should not go out of their way to make the game experience miserable for new players. I have seen much of that, and it disgusts me. Some SWG boards you go to, if a new player experesses some support for the NGE, he gets flamed all to hell from veteran players. That should not be.

If you do not want to play this game, then leave. It's really that simple.

Yeah I agree. But on the flip side of that, of some of the new players I have seen, I fear for this games future community. I have seen rude and obnoxious behavior from some new players as well as vets. I think there is always going to be some resentment some vets will have to new players, atleast, it will take time for some vets to get over it. I admit I was a bit ticked off at first, but I've gotten over it and have adapted to the new interface.

I help new players as much as I can, just the other day I helped a guy on the legacy quest... was alot of fun, I'm just trying to find new friends in the game right now since alot of my old friends don't log on anymore.

You're going to have rude and obnoxious people, regardless. If an MMORPG is supposed to be a virtual civilization, then it's going to be reflected in different kinds of people.

It's good that you have gotten over your resentment, but some vets have not. It's not a new players fault(if you want to blame someone)for the game changing. So, I say to any veteran player "show some class".

Archived