Home

Perspective

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Guest Zoom Rabbit

As I sit here munching happily on my twinkie, I am struck by a profound thought; this golden yellow snack cake with cream filling is meant to imitate some bizarre fibrous fruit pod that our ancestors climbed into the jungle canopy to gather millenia ago, the memory of which has come to us through the mists of time via the superconsciousness and entered our modern culture as a junk food item intended to fulfill a craving we don't consciously remember having.

*!*

I checked. There's nothing in the twinkie... biggrin.gif

------------------

'I can fly. I'm a pilot.'

--Drunk dude in Independence Day

D'Oh! Sorry about that! I still haven't learned which icon is for the Edit and which one is is for Quote. Lemmy get this straight 3PO is quote, right?

Yeah, I know... I'm a dumbass newbie. Let me have it and let's get it over with.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

My God! It says:

'Enriched wheat flour [flour, ferrous sulfate (iron),'B' vitamins (niacin, thiamine mononitrate (B1), riboflavin (B2), folic acid)], sugar, corn syrup, water, high fructose corn syrup, vegetable and/or animal shortening (contains one or more of: partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed, or canola oil, beef fat), dextrose, whole eggs. Contains 2% or less of: modified corn starch, cellulose gum, whey, leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate), salt, cornstarch, corn flour, corn syrup solids, mono and diglycerides, soy lecithin, polysorbate 60, dextrin, calcium caseinate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, natural and artificial flavors, caramel color, sorbic acid (to retain freshness), color added (yellow 5, red 40).'

Well, then. eek.gif Let's look at the items I've highlighted.

Beef fat: Uhm, okay. Go ahead and fry that twinkie in beef fat. Yum!

Sodium acid pyrophosphate: We're sure this thing isn't gonna explode in my stomache, right?

Natural and artificial flavors: Once and for all, what in the hell are twinkies supposed to taste like in nature? biggrin.gif What grows on a bush and tastes like a twinkie?!?

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Wally the space dolphin says that twinkies are made by gray aliens on the dark side of the moon in a giant snack cake factory, then shipped to Earth in a 'communications satellite' which NASA retrieves with the spaceshuttle so it can bring its payload of space cakes into the Hostess factory without anyone ever being the wiser.

He also says that grays occasionally slip and fall into the machinery; for legal reasons, this means they must mention animal fat. biggrin.gif

Guest Jabba The Hunt

actually our society is probably worse than stone age man!!!

------------------

"The warp cores gone the shield generators have been destoryed beyond repair and the phaser arrays are blown we will never be able to repair all this damage without a starbase"

"Dont worry just wait till the next episode and it will all be sorted out"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived