Home

Did Dooku know of the rule of two?

Char Ell

Bane installed the RoT after he had learned everything from the Holocron of Darth Revan - in order to do so, he had to wipe every other Sith out with the Thought Bomb technique, that he learned from the Holocron as well. Bane destroyed Revan's Holocron after he learned everything from it.

The Jedi had many other Sith Holocrons in their possession - but only Masters had access to them. Yoda definitely knew about the RoT, so it's possible that one of the Holocrons had some info on them. Anyway, when he became a Jedi, it was maximum a few centuries after the Ruusan battles, so he may have known more about tha era better.

Dooku obviously didn't know about it, othervise he wouldn't have left Anakin alive on Geonosis, or would have killed him outright on the Invisible Hand.

• 1 month later...
Dooku obviously didn't know about it, othervise he wouldn't have left Anakin alive on Geonosis, or would have killed him outright on the Invisible Hand.

I do not see the connection you make between Count Dooku's knowledge of the Rule of Two and him not killing Anakin. He actually did attempt to kill both Skywalker and his master at the end of the battle with Yoda.

According to most EU sources, Dooku was well aware of the Rule of Two but both he and Darth Sidious where willing to "push the envelope" by recruiting dark side users as Dark Jedi. These acolytes that served under Count Dooku where taught some skills in the Force as well as lightsaber combat but nothing in detail about the ancient knowledge of the Sith.

So technically, they where not Dooku's Sith apprentices and could have easily been destroyed had they rebelled. I am sure however that the Count was "grooming" some of his acolytes to become his own Sith apprentice, such as Asajj Ventress and Sora Bulq. When or if the time came when Sidious was dead, then Dooku could become the Sith Master and have an apprentice already under his wing.

• 1 month later...

I never saw Dooku as an effective Sith, he's more of a power-hungy fallen Jedi, and a very persuassive recruiter. He was a perfect pawn for Palpatine at the time, as he could easily rally together the forces needed to start the Clone Wars.

He was described as a "political idealist, not a murderer", and I think that is actually truer than it was intended to be. I think he showed genuine regret when he failed to sway Obi and Anakin in AotC. Dooku was so busy gathering partners that he was completely blind to the possibility that he'd be replaced.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived