Home

Kreia's Dialgue (Dantooine & Malacore)... (Spoilers)

The Source

Kreia's Dialgue (Dantooine & Malacore)

I have been looking around every where, and for some reason I can't find a thread for Kreia. Out of all the characters in KotOR 2, what Kreia says is the most important. There are two important locations, which are essential to Kreia and the end game. Dantooine (Before and after you meet with the Jedi Council) and Malacore (Endgame).

While looking through several forums, I noticed people get two distinct revelations about KotOR 2's ending. Within the first lexicon, the ending was a cliff hanger. In the second paradyme, the ending was complete. If you play the game in completion (dialogue and all), you will find that the game is 100% complete. However, there is a single cliffhanger that exists.''

Where is Revan? (This question will not be answered until KotOR III.)

So, what storylines did have a revalation? Why do you think that no one can see the ending clearly? What did you walk away with?

(Without mention of the missing content. Without the cut content being a crutch, what comes to your mind based upon those questions?)

Even the small one - who waits for you outside this place - I sense it has one last journey for you. You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes. - Kreia "From Pic provided by Shem."

Lightside Ending...

This is the fate of the Exile during the lighside ending I believe. However, what ending did occure in KotOR II? Your companion's meet a certain fate? Who are you? What are you? What is the echo in the Force?

(Sorry for some of these fundamental questions, but I am trying to drive us torward more clearification.)

When I get home tonight, I will create a list of dialogue by copy and pasting from the original files.

When Kreia mentions 'True Sith', is there any other indication in the game that tallks about Revan and the Unknown Reigions? From Kreia's dialogue?

Well I can do that! (Spoilers) added. :D

Thanks Redhawke...

I think my thread concept has fallen apart. I wanted to approach this subject from a piece by piece manner. When we talk about Kreia, one cannot be pulled into the 'True Sith' aspects of the story. I will need to think deeply about how to apprach this subject to make it more intresting and clear.

I've played LS female mostly. I think part of the confusion lies in the fact that the ending is not tied up in a nice neat package with a big blue bow like it was in K1. I could live with watching the Hawk escape, but would have liked to actually see that my friends and I were all on board safe and sound. I'd like at least a little bit of a celebration since you've just saved the universe.

You also don't get a tremendously satisfactory answer to the question of whether or not you're a hole in the force. Is it true, or has Kreia been lying to you the entire time? If she had managed to kill you, would that really have caused the death of the Force?

Also, what happens between GOTO and the Remote? What happens between Hanharr and Mira? And, of course, there's the cliffhanger--where's Revan? When do I go to the Unknown region?

On Dantooine--while I could extrapolate why Kreia kills the masters, it's not immediately obvious, and it might make it harder for our youngest players to get a handle on what the heck she's really trying to do there. I would have liked an option to save Kavar at least!

She certainly has a lot of cryptic Jedi-speak, and since I don't speak cryptic Jedi, I'd have appreciated just a little more clarity in her utterances. I don't mind working a bit to figure things out, but when you have to have a college degree in philosophy to understand just what the heck she's saying, that's just a bit much. I think the game would have felt more complete if they had both her Dantooine and her final conversations explaining things just a little more clearly. I'd have liked something a little lighter at the end than just a ship escaping an exploding planet, too. Maybe meditating in the Enclave garden or honoring the dead masters as a voiceover explains the ending just a little would have been a bit more 'light' and while wrapping up Kreia's stuff just a little better? Even though the dialog was mostly complete if you can read between some of the lines, I think having something positive after doing in Traya would have made the game 'feel' more complete.

My 2c for the day. :)

Jae Onasi I agree with what your saying. It left things abit too much in the air. I didnt play dark side, I cant stand to kill with out reason, so I dont know the darkside ending unless it was posted in a spolier post in a forum somewhere. Next time Lucasarts better giive KOTOR III all the time in the world so we have a complete game ending.

As you were saying about Keira killing the Jedi, not only why but how she did it. At the time I was like "how does one fallen old woman kill 3 jedi in 3 seconds?" Then I realized she was using me to suck the force from the Jedi then with her powers was able to kill them but took me like 3 playthroughs to get that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Kreia is rather an enigmatic figure. She hates the Force and yet can't bear the though of being without it. I've played LS and have yet to go DS and from what I got was that she reveals the fate of your companions except for Bao-dur and and the droids. The very end shows the Hawk heading out into the Unknown Regions (I read Prima's guide as well). Still there was alot left out at least as far as your companions are concerned. I guess we need our Kreias, those that give the answer yet not give it. So confused, brain melt...

Archived