Home

the coolest thing i've ever seen

Nute Gunray

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KNOWN NUCLEAR POWERS (IN ORDER OF MANUFACTURE (i think) with delivery capabilities):

United States (Global)

Soviet Union (Global)

Britian (Macro-regional)

France (Marco-regional)

China (Limited Global, 12 ICBMs and unknown amount of long range bombers)

Israel (Macro-regional)

India (Limited Global, one ICBM and 100 extremely long range bombers)

South Africa (Regional)

Pakistan (Regional)

SUSPECTED NUCLEAR POWERS/UNDELIVERABLE POWERS:

Libya (Suspected, regional)

Iraq (Suspected, regional)

Iran (Four Ex-Soviet Warheads, no delivery capabilities)

North Korea (Laugh, project is "significantly overestimated" based on 1998 recon photos)

Taiwan (Probably possess a few devices, already have delivery capabilities)

POSSIBLE NUCLEAR POWERS (i'll probably forget a lot of these):

Germany (could assemble a weapon in three days, Macro-regional delivery)

Egypt (unknown time frame, regional)

Japan (Three days, Global)

Canada (10+ days, no delivery)

South Korea (unknown time frame, regional)

Italy (unknown time frame, regional)

The Netherlands (unknown time frame, regional)

Brazil (unknown time frame, regional)

Argentina (unknown time frame, regional)

Guest Thrawn

Ah, nothing like having the planet glow green at night. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

The MX deployment system isn't around, but the Peacekeepers are.

So what're you gonna do, pick them up and run real fast at the target?

<small>Yes, I'm deliberately misunderstanding you for comedic emphasis. It's a joke, man.</small>

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited March 30, 2001).]

Guest Rogue 9

My preference for Nuclear Warheads would have to be the Neutron Bombs, you can eliminate a countries military personel but leave the defemsive infrstructure intact, to make it easier to defend your conquered territory smile.gif

------------------

"With only two parents and a handful of siblings, Is it any wonder that humans are so obsessed with finding love?" -- Fragment of a Than-Thre-Kull anthropology text

Who needs nukes when you can just crash an airliner into the Capitol?

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Rogue 9

Originally posted by Taarkin:

Who needs nukes when you can just crash an airliner into the Capitol?

That would only be effective if say, the V.P. resigned in disgrace and a new one was selectr midterm and need to be sworn in in front of the House, Senate and Judical. and the government would work better afterwards anyway biggrin.gif

Crashing a 747 would trigger a chain of events that would eventually lead to a war with Japan. And the guy who was responsible for the capture of the Red October becoming president wink.gif

I would NEVER use a WMD in a strategic role. Destruction and death on such a vast scale directly flies in the face of the reason of conquest. You can't CONQUER what used to be a city...

The Death Star was an imposition of the Will. That comes after conquest. Conquest has three purposes: using their infrastructure for your own gain, using their resources for the betterment of your own state, and imposing your will on their people.

Let suppose you vaporized the New York metro area. You've just destroyed a HUGE existing infrastructure, destroyed a huge commercial/industrial and transportation district, and at least 8 million people that you could have forced to do whatever the Victors said to do. Destroying your enemy outright like that is contrary to the point of conquering your enemy, which is usually the goal.

Guest Rogue 9

so the best WMD would probably be a slow acting biological agent that you would offer the cure for in echange for there loyalty biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Rogue 9:

My preference for Nuclear Warheads would have to be the Neutron Bombs, you can eliminate a countries military personel but leave the defemsive infrstructure intact, to make it easier to defend your conquered territory smile.gif

Who wants to own land that is unusable for over 1000 years. The NEGATIVE part of a neutron bomb is that its HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE, much more so than any other weapon we have. it just makes NY a BIG BARREN NIGHT LITE for Jersey......

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

POSSIBLE NUCLEAR POWERS

The Netherlands (unknown time frame, regional)

No need to worry. We've signed the Non Proliferation Treaty.

BTW, the "Interfacultair Reactor Instituut" is located at 200 yards from my Aerospace Engineering faculty. Everyone here has a nice greenish halo. Looks really neat.

Guest Rogue 9

India and Pakistan will be the first countries involved in a full blown Nuclear war, that is my prediction smile.gif

Archived