Home

Race selection

diphycue

Ok, I know this is possible, but apparently I've gotten brain damage or something since college because the whole "how to mod" thing is very daunting to me. But, what I'd like, if anyone would like to do it, is a way to select a race for your character in K1 and K2. I'm sure you'd have to create the character human at first, but after the game starts change it. Not just reskin. Like, have Trask or Kreia have new dialogue options; having a list to select from several different races...Human, Duros, Quarren, Wookie, Twilek, Zabrak (like Maul or Bao Dur)... then alter the appearance and stats for the race picked. I'd like them to be able to wear appropriate armor and have it show up, appropriate weapon animation, and gender specific. I'd use the Star Wars RPG rulebook to see appropriate racial differences. It'd be nice to also have the ability to wookie rage if that was selected. Anyhow, if anyone has the time and ability I'd like to see this done...if not, well I'm no worse off! :-)

Also, this may not be possible, but is there anyway to make the main character a droid...using droid items, etc?

I'd love to see this! All of the different race statistics would mean that different species are better at different things, etc...

I recon it might be possible, but I have no idea how, personally! I've only ever done skinning before... Maybe someone more advanced in the field could give a yes or no to it's possibility?

The skinning is the "easy" part...the dialog to alter racial statistics would be more difficult...and, if one was really ambitious to change in game dialogs and events to properly flow with the racial choice (the human love interest wouldn't fall in love with a Wookie, for example).

Basically this boils down to time. It would take a whole lot of time and effort. And you wouldn't be able to have voice acting for your new dialoge with the main characters. But I guess if you wanted to put a race selection mod in, you could put like a computer console in the room you start in, on Peragus. I mean, that would be relatively easy.

The only ones we can do with mostly proper animations are Twi'leks, Devaronians, Chiss, and Zeltrons for males, and Twi'leks, Chiss, and Zeltrons for females, as they use the same models as the humans.

What is a ZELTRON???

now I feel like this :greedo: I did not now a starwars thing :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

The only ones we can do with mostly proper animations are Twi'leks, Devaronians, Chiss, and Zeltrons for males, and Twi'leks, Chiss, and Zeltrons for females, as they use the same models as the humans.

Um, aren't all the characters (aside from maybe Chadra-Fan, Gand and Wookies) just basically re-skins of Humans in game? I mean, other than the heads they all look about the same to me. And I imagine if you can make a mask that covers up the entire face of a character, you could make a mask that makes them look like a Twi'lek. Or you know, that... brain seizing up...

Basically you could just make another head model and point the whole shebang at it right? (sorry for the technical terms).

what I was looking for was something that actually alters the character stats.

There are two ways you could do this, one is to run a script in the game at the very beginning, in that script you would need to detect what appearance you chose and give you and equip a hide implant on your PC in the hide slot, one that has the proper attribute adjustments for your chosen species on it.

Or spawn a computer console at the beginning of the game that you can select your race you chose to play and it would give you and equip a hide implant on your PC in the hide slot, one that has the proper attribute adjustments for your chosen species on it, this way would make it more easily compatable with others mods.

Either way would take a fair bit of planning and some knowledge of scripting, dialogue creation, and file editing, but it is possible. ;)

Oooh! Oooh! Mr. Moderator! I have a question! *Raises Hand*

I've seen some like files for hides (I think they were) and claws (mebbe) but I look and look at my PC and I can't figure out where that slot is. So how do you access it (with Kotor Tool or GFF or whatever) and what does it do?

Oooh! Oooh! Mr. Moderator! I have a question! *Raises Hand*

I've seen some like files for hides (I think they were) and claws (mebbe) but I look and look at my PC and I can't figure out where that slot is. So how do you access it (with Kotor Tool or GFF or whatever) and what does it do?

I think that is the natural item area of the inventory. Load up your utc file, select the inventory and then change to the natural items above the picture layout area. I know thats where claws and stuff go so hides most likely go there too.

^^^^

For NPC's before they join the party that is correct, but the only way to change the PC's 'hides' or 'claws' is through scripting in-game. The same applies with the NPC's once you have recruited them.

I don't know KSE that well to say if it can edit those slots on the PC or not.

Archived