Home

Simple Robes .uti Edit

The Doctor

I was wondering if someone here could edit the .uti files for the Jedi Robes (excluding the Zeison Sha robes) so that Bao-Dur can equip them. I have the mod that sets his model so that he can wear them, but the uti files for the items won't let me equip them to him. I would do this myself, but I can't get KOTOR Tool working. I really only want the Jedi Knight Robes right now, but the whole set would be much appreciated.

If this mod already exists, could someone please post a link? Thanks in advance!

I have a .2da file that adds the model. The problem is, the items themselves are made to be unwearable by Bao-Dur, as stated in the item description. It would just be a simple matter of editing the uti files, removing this... inconvenience.

EDIT: The 2da file that I have actually replaces his body's model with that of the male PC. Couldn't his model be edited so that he can wear the robes?

I have a .2da file that adds the model. The problem is, the items themselves are made to be unwearable by Bao-Dur, as stated in the item description. It would just be a simple matter of editing the uti files, removing this... inconvenience.

EDIT: The 2da file that I have actually replaces his body's model with that of the male PC. Couldn't his model be edited so that he can wear the robes?

I beleive it's possible, but would most likely require making a whole new body for Bao-Dur, and as I understand it his arm adds in a large problem with it being animated itself.(That flickering blue light and all).

The Bao-Dur robe wearing restriction isn't set in the uti files it is set in baseitems.2da, if I'm not mistaken, look there to remove the restriction.

I was hopeing to say you were wrong, but I looked through several .uti's and didn't find any properties set to restrict Bao-Dur from wearing robes. I also wasn't able to find any thing in the baseitems.2da myself.

So I think this raises a good question: What tells the game that Bao-Dur can't wear robes or Zeinson Sha Armor?

So I think this raises a good question: What tells the game that Bao-Dur can't wear robes or Zeinson Sha Armor?

Well see Bao-Dur can wear Revan Robes, and in baseitems.2da the denysubrace cell for Revan Armor is 0x00000000, while it seems the other Robes/ZS Armor have a denysubrace of 0x00000002.

My suggestion would be to try to change the denysubrace cells on the 2 Jedi robes (35, 36) and ZS Armor (102) colums to 0x00000000 save it to override and then go in the game and see if Bao can wear them now. Just make sure Bao has a body model set for those items in appearance.2da.

Just a guess but that is what I think is controlling this. ;)

Well see Bao-Dur can wear Revan Robes, and in baseitems.2da the denysubrace cell for Revan Armor is 0x00000000, while it seems the other Robes/ZS Armor have a denysubrace of 0x00000002.

My suggestion would be to try to change the denysubrace cells on the 2 Jedi robes (35, 36) and ZS Armor (102) colums to 0x00000000 save it to override and then go in the game and see if Bao can wear them now. Just make sure Bao has a body model set for those items in appearance.2da.

Just a guess but that is what I think is controlling this. ;)

Though that is a good theory I'm going to disagree, and here's why. All other armours and masks have 0x00000002 set in the denysubrace cell as well. I think this is used to tell the game that wookie's can't equip these items.

I tried looking through some of the other item .2da files but haven't turned up much yet. I'll keep looking and see if I can figure it out unless someone beats me to the punch.

Though that is a good theory I'm going to disagree, and here's why. All other armours and masks have 0x00000002 set in the denysubrace cell as well. I think this is used to tell the game that wookie's can't equip these items.

As far as I know this behavior is hardcoded for line 35, 36, 37 and 102 in baseitems.2da and doesn't depend on any particular setting on those lines.

If I remember correctly the BD-restriction "disappears" if you copy one of those lines, paste it as a new line without changing anything, and point your robe UTI to the new line, which seems to suggest this is the case.

As far as I know this behavior is hardcoded for line 35, 36, 37 and 102 in baseitems.2da and doesn't depend on any particular setting on those lines.

If I remember correctly the BD-restriction "disappears" if you copy one of those lines, paste it as a new line without changing anything, and point your robe UTI to the new line, which seems to suggest this is the case.

So what you're saying is, in order to make robes equipable for Bao-Dur all the robes need to be given a new baseitem row to read?

Well atleast there's a way to get around atleast one thing that's hardcoded.

If someone had the time and willpower to do this, it would be a greatly appreciated mod... :drool1:

Just remember whoever decides to do this that the models will have to be modified or Bao-Dur's head will float above his torso if that isn't changed.

Just remember whoever decides to do this that the models will have to be modified or Bao-Dur's head will float above his torso if that isn't changed.

Actually, this happens with the new .2da file I have now... but not when he's wearing normal clothing or armour, just when he's in, uhm... well, you know.

Archived