Something contraversial

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Episode 1 was a good film

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

I loved TPM.

Do you know why people hated it? Because they DIDN'T know what was coming. I read EVERY spoiler and I read the novel the day it came out. I knew what I was going to be seeing in the theater.

OTHERS who didn't read any of that stuff were expecting the Second Coming or something. ANYTHING short of GOD HIMSELF starring in that film would have let people down. Hell, THAT probably would have let them down too.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

I loved TPM.

Do you know why people hated it? Because they DIDN'T know what was coming. I read EVERY spoiler and I read the novel the day it came out. I knew what I was going to be seeing in the theater.

OTHERS who didn't read any of that stuff were expecting the Second Coming or something. ANYTHING short of GOD HIMSELF starring in that film would have let people down. Hell, THAT probably would have let them down too.

I CONCUR. ROOFLE

Guest Rogue 9

Jar Jar was the only problem I had with the movie, its not like it needed a comedy character to succeed, no if he dies in episode two I'll forgive george. though I doubt he cares anyway. biggrin.gif

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Wally the space dolphin suggests that bringing C3PO into the story was far-fetched, unnecessary and even a little silly.

He was no comment on George's use of avtarvada in Anakin's birth. rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

I loved TPM.

HUZZAH!

Guest Jabba The Hunt

i never said it was a bad film i agree with you all and i agree with that point about anikins birth - but i think jar jar was a really good character and made the movie funny i dont see why people have a problem with him - my mum wants to learn gungun

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Redwing

I agree, Nute. The Second Coming wouldn't have been good enough for them. But for me, TPM was the first SW movie I saw, so I saw the movie as what it was. I loved it, and it increased my enjoyment of the original trilogy even more.

TPM ROCKS!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

A lot of TPM had the potential to be utterly brilliant, but unfortunately a few elements ruined what would have been a great movie, the most noticable of which was our beloved Gungan. I still can't fathom what GL was thinking when he came up with the idea of putting "comic" (note inverted commas smile.gif ) relief in a Star Wars film. Every single movie I've ever seem that incorporates the 'comic relief' idea is not worth the cost of the petrol it takes to drive to the cinema.

SW + Comedy = Unbelievably obvious recipe for disaster. It takes away every last speck of the magic the originals had, and turns a film that could have been as good or even better than EPs IV-VI into an instant flop.

Also, when I watch TPM, I get the distinct impression that plot and acting took a back seat to CG creation.

------------------

And what of the Director's Lenses?

The logs show they fled the scene in a shuttle. That is all the information we have sir, there is a high probability that the shuttle was destroyed in the battle.

A shame.....but we'll buy George Lucas another pair of glasses.

Guest garyah99

I enjoyed TPM. even though there were a few SW related questions I would have liked answers to. Bu tI thought it was a good movie. I think a lot of people expected epic space battles like in the other movies, and the emergence of a heroic character, like Luke Skywalker. Ep 1 was just that; the beginning of the story. I have a feeling episode 2 is going to be similar. It will be a telling of the story of Anakin and his life and his evolution/devolution of his relationship with Obi-Wan. It will probably have lots of action, but I wouldn't expect an epic space adventure.

Guest Hans The Great

I enjoyed the movie, sure it had flaws but it was alot of fun to watch. I'm hoping the next one will have less Jar-Jar.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

all i think is that star wars films were good when they were made but compared to today they are just normal films there was loads of hype and everyone was excpecting something better than the matix - it wasnt going to be that good

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Fondas

I can deposit a lot af things that let me down in TPM.

I'll just stick to the Jar-Jar issue.

Yes, I do understand that Lucas had to bring in a funny part in the movie but he failed miserably.

Throughout episodes IV-VI C3PO was funny through his naivety, while Jar-Jar through his idiocy !

AFAIC , the original trilogy had agreat asset whith an enormous sense of humor, Harrison Ford as Han Solo. It's true that Lucas hadn't meant him to be like that, Ford did improvise a lot, but he left a legacy that GL couldn't just pass away in silence.

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Archived