Home

SETI@Home IV

Nitro

Guest AceAzzameen

Oh Zarg, you poor deluded soul. biggrin.gif The #'s don't lie man. I was kicking your tail when I kept SETI running nearly 24 hours a day. The only time I shut it down was for Half-Life. I was constantly on ICQ, AIM, Napster, surfing the net, or actually doing hw as well, and even with shutting down during your "processor-intensive" biggrin.gif activities you couldn't match my average time. Give it up! And woe the day I return. mad.gif

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

tiedef.gif

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ace you talking smack about WU averages? You want to compare Athlon to Intel? do you want to get you behind handed to ya? Are you man enough to take the fact that my Intel will whoop your tail?

Enough with the intro, how does this grab ya, my lil ol 700 that's running at 933mhz is cranking out units in 3 hours 45 minutes. Yesterday it did one in 3:20. Is that fast enough for ya? biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by GUNNER (edited October 17, 2000).]

Guest AceAzzameen

Awwww, Gunner, why you gotta be in this? wink.gif I haven't been comparing Athlon Intel or anything like that. The only thing I keep saying is that from the moment I started SETI I have had the leading average on our team. Now I know you have a better system than me, but your average is brought down by other computers. I think IKE & Chewie maybe are the same way. But most everyone else I am smoking all by myself with my one system. cool.gif

I wouldn't challenge you G-dog, I know your top of the line comp can take mine in a fight. You da man, as they say. eek.gif And yeah, that's a helluv fast unit you're cranking out over there. cool.gif

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

tiedef.gif

I don't think I'm doing too bad for one computer, constantly playing games and etc.

------------------

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Your right Ace ,I'm just trying to brag myself up here. rolleyes.gif

I think we are all doing a hell of a good job. We would make Yoda happy if he knew how badly we wanted to find him so we could bring him to Earth so we could cut him open and see what makes him tick. biggrin.gif well maybe the last part would piss him off a bit.

Guest chewie's hairbrush

We are all kicking ass.

Remember chaps. You've only got until 11th Nov to change over to version 3 of the client. After thatit won't matter how many you process the SETI guys won't accept the results.

------------------

Real Men Don't Sig

Join the XWA SETI@Home Team

We have to change? awww booo!

------------------

-Ben Franklin

Rogue 6

Guest chewie's hairbrush

Yup.

19/10/00 All parts of the Freeola service are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Engineers are currently working on the

problem and we hope to have the service fully running again early morning (10-11am).

Time is now 10:30am.

Guest chewie's hairbrush

You're an hour ahead of me and the host GL. I reckon they've got 11 minutes to fix it before they are late. BTW since when did 11am become early in the morning. rolleyes.gif

I lost some valuable time yesterday. frown.gif I fired up the ol' Half-Life with 35 minutes left on a SETI WU and when I got done an hour and a half later with my gaming, SETI now had 45 minutes left on the same WU. biggrin.gif

Then the wifes PC dumped to the Blue screen of death at about Noon , and I didn't see it till almost 10:30pm so everything was down.

I can usually make some good time on Tues. and Wed. as the wife goes into work these days and I can get some great SETI time in but this week the wife stayed home on Tue. and today the BS of D killed me so I lost a butt load of time. frown.gif

Guest chewie's hairbrush

Oops. G.

I got quite a lot of extra time in last week with the PC being on most of the time during the week. I'll be back to normal this week though.

The team's lost alot of Ike units too.

Once this unit finishes, I'll switch to Version 3.

------------------

-Ben Franklin

Rogue 6

Dang you, Thrawn! You're moving too fast! Maybe you could just stop and wait for me to catch up? ;P Well, if I can't go much higher than this, I'll have to go for average time! I'm already in 3rd in that respect.

------------------

-Domenic-

a. k. a. Greedo

Looks like tagt is going to be the big cruncher. I lost my connection on Friday for over 24 hours. Major state wide outage. So I gave my PC's the day off. wink.gif

I would of givin ya a run for your money big guy,but alas it wasn't to be.

Congrats guy.

Archived