Home

EAW: Star Wars Realism v3.0 (Space Combat)

MistenTH

Maybe I installed the mod wrong, I dont think I did. But starting skirmish credits cannot be set to 20,000, still 10,000 is the max for me.

On a side note, does anyone know if the AI utilizes population cap raises and credit per planets raises in campaign and galatic modes. It appears that it does not for campaign mode, anyone know about galatic?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, a .tga file for the Interceptor icon as well.

Model and .tga icon for the Carrack Cruiser and the Torpedoboat. Actually, I sort of made up the torpedoboat, so if there's an actual SW vessel that has that role, you can model based on that.

If you can make a model and TGA for the CC-7700 Corellian Interdictor Frigate that would be cool as well :)

Maybe a model and .tga for the 2 repair tenders, since I used the gallofree and AT-AT barge, although it's not critical since players can tell the difference.

Hardpoints for fighters? You mean on the model?

I'm not sure what else I would want to add in at the moment. Perhaps at a later date, and as a separate mod, or perhaps continuing with this, I might want to add in the vessels available later in the EU timeline, but that might complicate balance.

Thanks Wildcat!

EAW: SWRealism v2.1 uploaded. Get it now from the 1st post of this thread!

Major changes from v2.0:

Smarter AI Targeting

More Aggressive Skirmish AI

All ship crews given basic gunnery training - they can now hit the broad side of the barn.

Corvettes last longer.

Multiple frigates can now take on a Capital Ship instead of dying.

Rebel fighters last longer now to combat Empire swarms.

Fighter squadrons now cost 0 population cap. Let's see how it goes.

Venator enabled for puchase at Skirmish Merchant Spacedock. (was tweaked, but it is still an old ship)

Neutral/Hostile structures now project a mass shadow - you cannot hype in too close to them.

I hope to reach a final version soon. After that stable version, I will not touch this anymore except to update in models and icons, and after that, any new ships / changes etc. I will carry on in a sub-mod.

Wildcat > erm, what would an assault shuttle be used for in fleet combat?

This mod is pretty cool :)

I have 2 requests:

1, Can you please re-scale the ships so they're like the ones on "Warlord Mod v6.9.1 Gold Fix" - or thereabouts. I think the scaling on that mod is better than the game's default.

2, Can you enable Kyle and Mara in space? :D He'd have the Moldy Crow (which is in the game already I believe, just needs unlocking), she's prolly' have an imperial shuttle.

EDIT: Is this the mod that has the TIE Interceptors that are in fact Scouts or Bombers (forget which of the two, sorry), and have A-Wing icons? lol

If so, please fix that. Your mod is good but that does look really tacky.

At first I moaned at the increased travel time but later on figured out it's cool. Now everytime I get a warning that the enemy's coming my way I start sweating like a pig trying to figure out whether the units at hand are enough; if not i just move em out.

One time the Imps came in with a sizable force which included 2 ISDs, I'll just say it wasn't Akbar's finest hour. They left a small force of acclamators and victory's after it left back from where it came; I moved in with a larger fleet and cleaned out the "garrison unit". Turns out that the Imps sent a sizable force of ground units just after leaving the small fleet behind, because of the longer transit time my fleet was in place just before the ground units can out of transit avoiding an invasion...turkey shoot muhahah.....great mod Misten.

BTW why are there 2 types of Interdictors for the rebs?

Alright after much work and a little tweaking I came up with a few changes to this mod that should make it a little more in-line with the EU, I would like MistenTH to aprove before I upload them.. just trying to add a little diffrent style but I love the mod in general good work MistenTH :thmbup1: anyway here are the changes I have made:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Added squadrons to Mon cals, 3 X-wings and 2 Y-wings first then 2 X-wings and 1 Y-wing in reserve for a total of 35 starfighters (mon cals carry 36 in EU)
  • Added squadrons to Nebulon B, 3 Xwings and 1 Y-wing first then 1 X-wing in reserve for a total of 24 (Nebulon B's carry 24 in EU)
  • increaced cost of Mon cals (6500) and Nebulon B's (2700) to balance for their new fighter squadrons, also Mon Cal cost represents the work the rebels needed to refit the Mon cals from cruise liners and aquire all the turbo lasers etc.
  • added more tie squadrons to SD for a total of 72 tie's { 10 squadrons} (held 16 for reserve) SD in EU carry 72 ties
  • reduced turn rate of ships back to normal

working on more chages atm, note 2.1 is used for the base of the new tweaks

Alright I worked out a few bugs with fighters not appearing out of hangar bays.. I also increased the shields on the Mon cals and tweaked their turbo lasers after running a few tests with a friend on line every things it very balanced and basically sets up like this: the fighter battle lasts a lot longer into engagements now (up to 10 min.) SD will usually be able to take out mon cals but will take a beating 1 on 1, in a battle the rebel fighters along with their frigates will help close the gap and battles are very dependant on strategy. A rebel fleet can't go toe to toe with a group of SD w/ support ships (since they will usually be outnumbered due to higher costs) but if the rebel player uses his superior fighters and some good tactics he can win. The imperials have to be careful and play to their strengths and watch out for those rebel fighters.. all in all I think this mode really reflects what I space battle would be like from episodes IV-V again thanks MistenTH for the great mod and still awaiting approval

On scale: I won't want to touch scale right now because it affects unit accuracy. The smaller or bigger it is, the easier to hit. That will take a whole lot of rebalancing.

Double interdictor? I need to check it out, I didn't see that.

Also, this MOD is going to be a kind of replacement for the default EAW skirmish / space. I won't want to make any more major changes to it. Once I can finalise this, I won't make any more changes except to add in models when they are available in future.

So to whoever is modding this right now, I'd suggest you wait another few days for the final version to come out, so that you don't need to keep remodding, especially since I have a new feature that was just tested that I believe everyone would love. Secret for now :)

As for Kyle and Mara and the Assault Shuttle and the Fighter Squadrons for Rebs, I will not be putting those in SWRealism vFinal. However, I will consider putting those in, plus other wacky stuff that wouldn't fit in the original EAW later on in a separate mod that uses SWRealism as a base.

Nope, my goal is space combat, with some simple galactic map changes. I think I've achieved that, but as I said, anything else that is wacky will go into another mod later on.

SWRealism will be completed soon, after which the only thing that is lacking is the models.

I will still carry on with that as a base, but SWRealism complete will be open for anyone to use it as a base for their mods in space combat.

And later on even as I add on stuff outside of EAW's scope, I may not have the inclination to do ground. I'll see.

Speed up Misten, im looking forward to your final files :). The ground realism is already done by Orao and me (ill update the EAW:Knifedge shortly), only space is left. Zorromorph will handle the GC.

And believe me, the job done on ground is just sweat. Tested it plenty times and it's how it meant to be...

Hey Misten, for the .TGA files , in the picture, is the cost of the unit include with the picture or just the picture of the unit and the cost is something separate? Also are there more than one TGA files for when the button is lit and when it is not lit for purchasing units?

I'll be working ont hese too once I'm sure of what to make.

As for the repair tenders, I'm not sure what they look like, do you mean Cargo Ferry ships? or some other thing that I may have seen in some Star Wars flight sim that I don't remember the name of?

Archived