Home

Just a noob question...

dede_frost

Hi, I haven't played the Xwing series for quite some time now, and then I found this forum...so keep in mind that I'm a noob if u awnser these questions...

1)Is this the same as that very, very old X-wing and Tie-fighters series for win95?

2)If it is, I got it running on my windows XP by running it in win 95 compatability mode. My only problem is that I have a 17 inch lcd monitor, so the resolution just looks horrible, is there any mood out there to up it a notch?

I just remembered how much I loved that game, and how I would like to play it again :). PLZ keep in mind that I've had no news about this game since 1998, so I am a genuine noob...

Edit: I have the collectors eddition that comes with TIE Fighter.

The links found in this thread should give you some idea what's required to make these games more modern... although I think the idea is to play the old X-Wing and Tie-Fighter missions using the XWA engine, and not the other way around (improving the graphics in the older game engines.)

Wildstar might know of a few XW/TF upgrade sites. If there's anyone to ask around here on subjects like this, it's usually him.

Archived