Home

ACCLAMATOR AS LANDING SHIP

Andycaccia

Hey...I am getting tired of the small Imperial Landing Craft. Is it possible to change the Transport using the Acclamator class assault ship as a landing ship like ep II ??? After all, the Acclamators are only big big big troop transports....

My games crashes if I use the <Company_Transport_Unit>Acclamator_Assault_Ship</Company_Transport_Unit> command line in the GROUNDCOMPANIESEMPIRE.XML instead of the <Company_Transport_Unit>Imperial_Landing_Craft</Company_Transport_Unit>.

I believe that we must create a new Trasport unit in the TRANSPORTUNITS.XML and use the model of the Acclamator. We should add also the animations to make it funcional.

I know it's possible because I've seen (i do not remember where) a screenshot of an Imperial Star Destroyer landing onto a planet...

My games crashes if I use the <Company_Transport_Unit>Acclamator_Assault_Ship</Company_Transport_Unit> command line in the GROUNDCOMPANIESEMPIRE.XML instead of the <Company_Transport_Unit>Imperial_Landing_Craft</Company_Transport_Unit>.

I believe that we must create a new Trasport unit in the TRANSPORTUNITS.XML and use the model of the Acclamator. We should add also the animations to make it funcional.

I know it's possible because I've seen (i do not remember where) a screenshot of an Imperial Star Destroyer landing onto a planet...

Then again, that's the beauty of moding!

While I'd be sure to cry foul if an actual Dev was to use something like this in a game, I wouldn't mind seeing "un-pseudo-realistic" mods coming out that incorporate such things as seen on this screen for the sheer "oh nice" factor of it.

No offense to SW-realism-buffs around here intended.

That's exacly the screenshot i was talking about!! Well, of course it's too small for an ISD, but if they have done that i think we could do the same with an Acclamator that is atmosphere capable and is an assault ship (see ep II).

Any idea???

Archived