Home

Gundam related question

Nute Gunray

My mother's reaction to watching 30 seconds of Gundam Wing:

I can't believe you watch that cheap crap!

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how NOTHING in the background moves?

------------------

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Conor

There is a special edition of EW. I am positive that while Dorothy is in my english version, she was not in the Japanese version I had.

Yes, there are two versions of Gundam WIng- EW. There's the three episode version which we saw on cartoon network, then there's a special movie version, that included extended battle scenes, and the whole dorthy thing, and bit more backstory.

The movie one is only on DVD, i think.

I've seen the English movie version and the three Japanese episodes, but not the Japanese movie. I know Rune has seen that because he was telling me about Last Impression being the song they played when the Serpents were making their landing instead of White Reflection.

hey, i just thought of something. Okay, so like what a few hundred mobile suits land in a single city and all the sudden the ENTIRE EARTH is conquered? wtf? That's like if I invaded and conquered Pittsburgh. WHO CARES? It's only ONE CITY.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited April 26, 2001).]

Guest Conor

I guess if the entire earth doesn't have the means to fight back then all you need to do is take over the headquarters. It only worked because people refused to fight (silly pacifists).

Only at the end did they actually realize peace is worth fighting to get and to keep.

I got Heavyarms, and he has a lot of missiles.

[This message has been edited by Conor (edited April 26, 2001).]

Originally posted by Cmdr. Cracken:

Yes, there are two versions of Gundam WIng- EW. There's the three episode version which we saw on cartoon network, then there's a special movie version, that included extended battle scenes, and the whole dorthy thing, and bit more backstory.

The movie one is only on DVD, i think.

Nuh-uh!

The movie version was played on YTV a couple of weeks back (I assume so based on the Dorothy & flashback sequences). Would've been much better if not for the retcon; though the new Gundams are cool.

They should've added some "play-room" between the end of the series and EW. Maybe a year or so (for other [fanfic/comic/game/novel] writers to deal with if they wished), in which the Gundams were upgraded to their final levels.

YTV is the only cool thing about Canadian TV; they actually care enough to keep their cartoons current, unlike a certain Teletoon that shall remain nameless.

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Still, it's only ONE CITY. they couldn't possible hope to control the rest of the world, disarmed or not. It would only take a few hours for someone else to declare themselves ruler on the other side of the planet. The Serpents, having paradropped in, would have to march over-land to the opposing capital. Since the military was gone, so would mobile suit fuel. The Serpents would run out of gas.

I'm saying they couldn't have been in charge because they had no way to PROVE they were.

I know this is nasty but...

epfourteen6.jpg

------------------

Official forum Psychic

Give Dorthy a haircut, a tan, and an eyebrow pluck and...meow...

------------------

Official forum Psychic

I liked Noin & Hilde because I like short haired girls.

<small>Nape of the neck, remember?</small>

Besides, Cathy and Relena can't pilot mobile suits, and Dorothy is just a cruel, warmongering b*tch who's only actual combat experience comes from Epyon-controlled mobile dolls.

------------------

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

But Cathy will try to KILL YOU just to get a reaction from you...and Une is a not only a Mobile Suit pilot, but technically a Gundam Pilot. I remember that one episode when she came out of the coma and the one mechanic said to the other that there wasn't anyone on Earth who could pilot Wing and she steals it right after that biggrin.gif

Guest Conor

Noin=best.

Coolest english voice ever. I can't stand watching the Japanese versions because her and Duo's voices just suck compared to the dubbed version.

I agree. Noin and Duo's voices in the dubbed are awesome. Saffron Henderson and Scott MacNeil do excellent jobs.

Lady Une ROCKS!!! I much prefer her kind, compassionate side to her crazed Neo-Nazi side, though.

Cathy is just out and out HOT. Good Lord in Heaven above. She can strap me to a board and throw knives at me anyday.

Hilde is great. Spunky, pretty, cute. Everything you could want in a girl.

Yee...my $0.02.

Yeah. I was watching clips of the Victorian Nightmare uncut episode a couple months ago, and when Noin says, "DAMN IT! ARRRG...DAMN!!!" I swiched it to the Japaneese language and it sounded like a bunch of screaming.

Its fun listening to the Japanesse verson because its funnier. (And thats because I dont speak Japaneese.)

Endless Waltz Une was my favorite version. Not insane anymore, and the one joke she EVER has (the crack about the guy being a good leader despite being elected democratically) is delivered much like half the funny stuff I say in real life (just say it as calmly and seriously as you can).

Cathy and Sylvia are the most normal people on the whole show. If I were to somehow be animized and transported into AC 195, I would hang out with and hit on those two CONSTANTLY.

OH yeah, the REAL reason that Cathy is my favorite is because she punched my least favorite Gundam pilot. I hate Trowa.

My least favourite G-boy was Wufei.

He made a bad impression on me in the first ep, and I hadn't found reason to like him by the end of EW. He's always struck me as a sexist little pr*ck, and I hated that he got through the series relatively unscathed.

I was really hoping Noin, Hilde, Lady Une, or even Relena would find occassion to beat the crap out of him.

The kid could use a good humiliation.

Hmm. Lock Wufei and Catherine in a room together for a few hours and see who kills who. wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

The Serpents, having paradropped in, would have to march over-land to the opposing capital. Since the military was gone, so would mobile suit fuel. The Serpents would run out of gas.

The Serpents use ultra-compact fusion reactors and Minovsky particles and so do shuttles and for that matter any transports by that time.

So fuel is everywhere.

Just find a space port and you'll have enough fuel to last weeks.

------------------

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist

How many spaceports are between Brussels and, say, Los Angeles? You couldn't march them across Siberia/China because there's nowhere to fuel them, plus you'd have to swim them across the Pacific.

And I doubt the military spaceports would have been destroyed, so there would be LESS places than before to refuel. Plus you'd need whatever kind of fueling apparatus you use to refuel a mobile suit, and ALL of those would be been destroyed with the mobile suits at the end of the Eve War.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

How many spaceports are between Brussels and, say, Los Angeles?

Exactly 17 by AC 198.

spaceports are like Airports only with faster and more reliable shuttles that go farther.

plus you'd have to swim them across the Pacific

Isn't that what cargo vessels are for?

I mean they smuggle everything else in so why not a few hundred MS?

Plus you'd need whatever kind of fueling apparatus you use to refuel a mobile suit, and ALL of those would be been destroyed with the mobile suits at the end of the Eve War.

There were still a few MS left around with the preventers. And the fact that the carriers that brought them would be carrying both fuel and fueling devices needed.

------------------

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist

Archived