Home

More then 2 player in GC

FuzzySmurf

ok, so ive added 2 more factions, 1 extra rebel and 1 extra empire, the first major problem ive had is that when i take my fleet (the empire) and attack the other empire planet, there is no space engagement even though they have an outpost and a fleet... but when i attack the ground forces the ground battle ensues... with the exception that im getting frequent crashing with the auto-resolve option...

there are a few more things i have yet to experiment with in the factions.xml file and i was wondering if anyone else might have tinkered with anything like this yet?

my overall goal is to shift these results into a multiplayer map where you can have 4 people squaring off, 2 rebs and 2 imps...

The game code is currently set up to support only two playable factions. You should be able to add as many non-player factions as you like, and you should be able to swap out the Empire or Rebellion for a different playable faction. Without significant code work, however, you won't be able to have three playable factions at the same time.

Archived