Home

problems with tsl installer!

L0rdReV@n88

ok ive had problems using two different compiliers the first was with the selectable Carth and items done by cjt0202, Princess Artemis. and then yesterday i got Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection by ChAiNz.2da (and others).

what happens on both of them is it continues the install up until it begins to compile a script the first one i think. and it freezes right there and says it not responding.i click the folder SWkotor2 in my hard drive not the override like the installer says.then when i quite i know it somewhat worked because lines were added to some of the .2das that werenot there before the install. has anyone had this happen before or simular problems

Try what? :confused: hehehe...

I was asking to make sure you weren't trying to install from the .rar itself :)

Here's the notes in my readme.. is this what you are doing?

open the .rar file & drag-n-drop the folder "Kreias Assorted Robes" onto your desktop (or folder of your choice). DO NOT PLACE THE FOLDER IN YOUR OVERRIDE DIRECTORY.

Next, open the folder and run the installer application named "KreiasRobes_Installer.exe" that came with this mod. This will update the necessary game files and install the Mod into your game.

my guess is perhaps because of nwnnsscomp.exe and not the installer itself.. but of course I might very well be wrong... :giveup:

The version of nwnnsscomp.exe in my mod is the exact one I use for all of my compiling, however the TSL Patcher asks that I also place the "nwscript.nss" in the folder (which I don't use in my Compile Dump folder at home)... I think it's required for HazardX's version...

I hope I didn't put the wrong one in there.. but I tested it on my machine to make sure it would work (it did)... but you never know.

Try it the way I quoted, and if it's still buggering, we'll go from there :)

my guess is perhaps because of nwnnsscomp.exe and not the installer itself.. but of course I might very well be wrong... :giveup:

The version of nwnnsscomp.exe in my mod is the exact one I use for all of my compiling, however the TSL Patcher asks that I also place the "nwscript.nss" in the folder (which I don't use in my Compile Dump folder at home)... I think it's required for HazardX's version...

The TSLPatcher itself does not use nwscript.nss in any way, so if your compiler does not require that file there is no need to put it in the tslpatchdata folder along with the compiler. The only thing the TSLPatcher does is modify the NSS files as necessary, run nwnnsscomp.exe to compile them and move the resulting NCS files to the override folder or specified ERF-format file.

However, if your version of nwnnsscomp.exe uses the nwscript.nss from the game's own data files, remember that the nwscript.nss file in (at least some) non-US versions of the game is broken. If you don't provide a fixed file, and make sure the compiler uses that one instead of the one in the game data, the install will fail if someone with a non-US game tries to run it.

For debugging what nwnnsscomp.exe is doing, TSLPatcher 1.2.5 and later will display the shell output text from the compiler in the progress log if you set the Log Level to 4.

aahhh.. that clarifies it, thanks stoffe! :D

Well, since I don't doubt your instructions, I had decided to play it safe and put the (corrected) .nss in there anyways.. so methinks I'll continue to do so.

I was just worried that since I had compiled some of my source scripts with mine at home (that doesn't use the .nss) that it may have some way buggered the mod.. *whew* Nice to know that wasn't the case...

But the play it safe method seems to cover all bases :D

I'll try to remember to set the Log Level to "4" next time.. I wasn't sure what all it entailed so the Kreia Installer is set at Level "3" currently.. (I used WIP v1.2.6a). Since everything had tested A-OK on my end.. I hoped it would on others' end as well.. which turned out it did after a little trial & error *whew revisited* :lol:

I'll try to remember to set the Log Level to "4" next time.. I wasn't sure what all it entailed so the Kreia Installer is set at Level "3" currently.. (I used WIP v1.2.6a).

LogLevel 4 is the "Debug feedback" log level that shows in more detail (blue-colored text in the progress log) what the patcher is doing. This can be useful when you are testing the installer. But you should probably set it to 3 (Normal feedback) for the "release" version of the mod to avoid confusing people who don't know what all that extra info means. :)

Archived