Home

EaW: Rebellion

FuzzySmurf

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess im trying to put too much in before releasing... ive got all day tomorow, maybe i can organize what ive got and toss it out there for you guys...

a few of the things im still trying to figure out are getting various units in the game as pirate units garrisoning planets.... (milenium falcon, slave I, rancors and others) i coulda sworn i had figured it out a while ago but cant get it to work for the life of me, so ill put those off for a later release...

that and i cant figure out why when i use upper level tech start the empire starts with much better ships then i have in the starting units (a victory changes into an imp and an aclamator becomes an interdictor), i just noticed a strange thing, i only start the empire with a victory in one of the sectors, but theres always an aclamator at the start.... oh well

so ya, ill bundle it all up and release a beta tomorow, and if i dont spam the heck out of me until i do

Dude dont rush release just because there is one person begging for it. Ill rather be patient and wait into the rough edges of the mod are smoothed out... then having a rushed buggy release. Heck i havnt played EAW any how for more then a month. Cause of the balancing issues that no one has seemed to have corrected, and its just gets old after a while. Ive been playin Galactic CIv II. Unlike EAW its has, diplomacy, opened ended game play. DAMAGE!, espionage,custom ships, custom races, basically u can do about anything.

Unlike EAW which is basically one way to play,

1.Build fleet

2.Build army

3.Planet HOP

sorry for the delay, but as stated above i was having technical difficulties... if you read any of the other sections you would have realized i had a serious system crash/failure while testing some stuff in this mod... i havent fully determined what cuased it but im fairly certain it wasnt the changes i made to the game files... so im going to test that on my other comp tonight becuase if it crashes its not as big of a deal as it is on this machine....

that and i spend most of my time working when im not at school, this week happens to be spring break and that means im at work all the time, which means that unlike all you kids that have all sorts of free time to play games i have a very limited amount with which to do anything with becuase i have other things going on... im one person with a crazy schedule, and i want to finish this thing just as much as you do, but since im working for the next couple of days at least you have to take a chill pill, grow up, and learn a lesson in patience....

i havent gotten an email yet, and in my profile options apparently i have it set to not allow emails from users so you would have only been able to send me a pm unless you did some serious researching and found my real email... anyhoo i just thought id let you know i havent received above mentioned email

later yall, time to go to work again... ugh

as stated in other threads and several times in this one... i had to trim it back to 50 becuase of the lag problems, and im hoping that 50 isnt too many once the game gets going and all the planets are busy with qeues... and ive read somewhere about a physical limit of 80 planets...

ok, heres a spot im stuck right now... how to handle the idea of shipyards... becuase realistically they are orbital structures, but the only way i can get them to build without a starbase is to make them ground structures which means they take up a ground building slot, but in rebellion the shipyards used up the availible building slots which was all good

my first idea was to make them as an orbital station like the sensor array, but then i cant get them to be availible without a starbase first, next i was thinking about changing the starbases themselves into shipyards only, but then everytime an enemy fleet came by you would have to rebuild from scratch (and this would also mean that you couldnt just skip over a planet without blowing up all its crap first), now im considering just making it some sort of ground building and leaving it at that... so im wondering what are you guys thoughts on the matter?

well, the problem is that adding a building slot to planets lets you build more of any building, and im not exactly sure what happens when you build more buildings then originally intended and you have a ground battle on that planet... i guess ill have to find out...

ok, just did some testing, and you never ever ever want to fight against 12 pirate command complexs.... holy crap... thats just not fair, how come ther rebs or imps dont have a building that produces all of their units during tactical?

anyhoo, it just stacks the buildings on top of each other i think, another slight problem is in the galactic you can only see what 9 of the buildings are, it hides the rest of the slots.... so i guess ill have to cap the highest planets at 9, even though the highest defualt is 8, not much of an improvement but at least its something

Archived