Home

EaW: Rebellion

FuzzySmurf

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im re-using the maps becuase to remake all the ground maps and space maps would require way too much work for a mod like this

and there was only one place i found a z adjust type value, i changed it and nothing happened... i will try some more things...

FuzzySmurf:

I know you said the last did not work, i would play with these. I got them from the groundindiginous.xml, its from the "black Bird". Since we know it fly's (it uses the fighter_locomator), i thought you should maybe use parts of it as a template.

Either way the follwoing looks promising from it info:

<Layer_Z_Adjust>50.0</Layer_Z_Adjust>

<Hover_Offset>50.0</Hover_Offset>

hope this helps.

T.

ya, that was the next thing i was going for, cuase i remembered, 'hey, there are birds in the indigenous file... maybe i can use their values...' :)

all ive got to do now is find a suitable model to put in for it and make sure its scaled down enough, i even took the land_obstacle behavior out cuase it was creating a no-drive zone underneath it

Could the possibility exist that when the mod tools do come out, that you and perhaps a small team could create new maps to represent the new worlds you are implementing and perhaps replace a few existing weak link maps to replace the ones that are already ingame? I would be interested in doing this, but I need to learn the tools once they are out, but still I would definitely be interested in contributing in some way. I really don't think the space maps would be an issue like the ground maps. I personally think a lot of the ground maps need to be larger with less obstacles. More like command and conquer generals.

well at the moment im experiencing problems integrating the rebellion shipyards into eaw, so i might (most likely) have to change the way i will implement these structures... its looking like it might be as dumbed down starbases but im hesitant to do this as it will drastically change gameplay

I couldn't help but notice that, in your screenshots, you've got the different sectors connected by trade routes. Wouldn't it make more sense to place these between the planets in a sector, to simulate the long travel time between sectors, and the short time inside a sector? Unless of course you've changed the way that works.

well, in order to allow you to travel to a planet outside that planets normal range you need a trade route, and you can change all the stats about trade routes, the speed boost and credit bonus and all that... so unless you want to be restricted to not being able to move between sectors then we need trade routes

about its inaccuracy... i could care less, it was a really awesome game that i would like to try to bring into eaw...

and yes, im still working on the mod, having a few issues with the implementation of shipyards but ill do my best to overcome that with minimal effect on gameplay style

Have you messed with the travel times and build times at all? I remember hyperspace jumps took a reeeeaaaaally long time in Rebellion and building ships was always very slow. I keep feeling that the Empire at War map is too fast (even though I run the galactic map at its lowest speed). One of the great things about Rebellion was how you could actually manage a galactic conflict because you didn't have a zillion things clamoring for your attention in every part of the galaxy at once; and I had time to feel like my strategies were playing out as I waited for various fleets to reach their destinations. Are you planning to build in that ponderously epic feel? The travel times, in particular, I think should be increased.

The map looks great. My favorite EaW default map is the one with the planets split into "sectors," precisely because it introduces distinct battle zones and choke points into the map. I also like the idea of limiting the construction of high-level space stations to certain planets (Kuat, Bilbringi, etc)). To go with this improved map, can you increase the frequency of and/or add more random events to galactic play?

Regarding starbases...is there a way to have a shipyard "ground station" built in the ground queue that gives you (or unlocks) a "free" starbase when it's completed, thus allowing you to build ships? Or, vice versa, making space station upgrades automatically build a ground station in the same way that shields automatically build a power generator? That might be what you're looking for...though I'm a fan of keeping the ground and space queues separate. You might just have starbase construction automatically build the highest level station possible and automatically build a power generator on the surface.

you know what, thats a great start to a good idea there wedge, ill have to ponder on that starbase concept, cuase after reading that post i think ive figured out the best solution... it may be a while before i get around to some more modding, my best friend just got a 360 and so of course i did as well.... and im starting a new job on friday so ill see how it goes

slowly but surely... i need to clone myself... the main hangup right now is trying to figure out how to best implement the shipyard concept without altering gameplay too much

but lately i havent had much time at all, not even for schoolwork... ive been testing voting machines for the county pretty much 8-4 then class til 8 for the past week and the rest of this week

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

I'm looking forward to not only this mod but also the peace and quiet for 7 days from jedi7000nathan as he takes a long hard look at our forums rules.

DMUK

Archived