Home

Maybe SOE did lose license at the 1st February.

HUGOMAND

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

Well. It all could be a rumour but I know for a fact that Bioware have announced a new studio to develope MMO's and work is already under way. The most interesting fact about this, is that ex Sony Online Entertainment VP of product development Richard Vogul, who was also responsible for launching Ultima Online for Origin, and Gordon Walton, also ex-SOE and executive producer for Electronic Arts will be heading the new studio.

Interesting as well, that most of the guys who worked on KOTOR will be joining up and remember, Bioware mergered with Pandemic Studios who have also made Star Wars games.

DMUK

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=620598

Im not going into any details as I dont want any hints to my sources but here goes....

LA pulled the license from SOE. The rumors about February were dead right. SOE was allowed time to transition players (how much is unknown) to their other station pass games. Thats why they stopped selling SWG prepaid cards.

Publish 28, if it gets done will be the last publish to the game. There is a minimal support staff now working on it. Its purely cosmetic changes to keep existing players subscribing

Bioware did indeed gain rights to develop a second version of SWG. It wont be called SWG2. Its not a completely new game but rather a reworking of existing code. Bioware is currently hiring a large team to work on the game and prefer experience with SWG. Pre-cu is a plus

The focus groups information was handed basically directly to Bioware. Some of the questions, like a KOTOR experience were hints to you folks as to who was behind it.

My source or sources only stated what they know. They didnt speculate on how long development would take. No clue on the rumors if its tied into a television show. No clues on pre-cu, cu, etc. And finally, no clue on an announcement or what SOE will say about this.

I trust this source's info 100%. Believe what you will but it looks like SOE's tyranny is over

Guest DarthMaulUK

I havent a clue what is going on with the whole SOE/contract thing. My contacts at LA are all busy or at GDC so I will just have to wait to find out but I doubt if they will officially confirm anything.

IF this is all true, it should make for a better game but Bioware must not repeat the mistakes SOE have made - not listening to the community. Its that simple. We pay the money, and the community has every single right to be angry @ SOE over the NGE and the way in which it was implimented.

As soon as I know more, I will post

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lucasarts knows nothing about this rumour. They did say that 2006 will be the year that they focus on actually fixing the bugs, rather than keep releasing expansion packs for the game.

However, reading between the lines, they didnt confirm or deny that SOE would be involved in that process.

DMUK

also this guy could be talking rubbish, harrytheman and his sources which could be toilet paper for all i know, however if swg2 is gonna be made i think LA should take control themselves.

I agree, i want LA to do it... and we have no real proof that its real or just a load of crap

not too long......as soon as this finishes downloading. -_- right now it says 12 hours and 24 minutes. it's on patch_sku2_15_00.tre....and since i have to free the phone line, for some reason it goes back to patch sku1 15....at least that's what it did this morning. =\

i'll have to contact my cable provider sometime and see if they got the broadband out here yet.

Archived