Home

CMI - Initializing error,please help

corlic

Ok...

First i watn to mention that i am trying CMI on my laptop (my PC is crased :()

I am using windows XP,have all the requirements for the game,I tried non original version of the game also so i am sure that the problem is in the computer and i need to be fixed.I think that it could be something with the video card but i am not really sure.

Bah. This is for losers only. (*) >...> Real men want to use the game's authentic SCUMM interpreter, so they do something like skirting the installer by copying both CDs to the harddisk and start "COMI.EXE" in the "RESOURCE" subdirectory.

True pirates, of course, use Linux and WINE, where the installer just works fine. Hey look it does rhyme! ^^;;

(*) ScummVM is not really for losers only. It is, in fact, teh ub3R133t! Not only because it appears to be a superb piece of extraordinary work, but because it also serves those who like to play a wide range of games using the SCUMM engine and derivates without being real men or true pirates, or simply the lazy ones, or for other creepy reasons I cannot seem to think of right now.

My creepy reason to use it is it enables me to play Monkey Island 2 on my cell phone.

No. It is, however a very comfortable one. Also because, as someone pointed out, you don't need to install the game. But if you know that 0 <> infinity and you're because that real hero, you will go and do like I said in my pre-previous post.

Cheap shot...also about 2 year old.

Nice to see you haven't forgotten the old ways though.

Archived