Home

Im quiting my Job

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I know you all get some laughs out of me being the forum newbian. But ive had a really hard time lately and there is this guy running round Counter-Strike calling me Jabba The .... (i think you can imagine, if not you need to read more books). Anyway i dont mind being the butt of some jokes and i have played up to this role to a certain extent but im in a really bad mood at the moment, so i would like to quit that particular job, I wont make any more dumb threads and you shouldnt see any of my threads closed any more. oh yeah ill do all this on the condition that Admiral revokes his Eternal Newbian thing and gives me a chance.

Thank you in advance.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

do the phrases:

"When pigs fly"

"Hell freezes over"

and

"The fat lady sings" come to mind?

Jabba the C... nah wont say it... by starting unless threads and not having anyhting conductive to add to existing ones, you lable yourself as a newb. Look at me... over 3000+ posts and i RARLY start threads. But i do add to existing ones... CONDUCTIVE converasations.

Thnik of XWA.net forusm as a big party with hundreds of conversations going on at once. Fortunatly thru the use of a forum we are able to keep track of all those conversations, and add to them

Think, read, think, reply.... words to live by

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Yes i know what to do, if you hadnt realised that i have been playing up to the name you gave me then thats your own fault, i dont want to be thought of as the forum newbian anymore, however admiral said that I would be the ETERNAL newbian, i wanted to make sure that if i stopped making pointless threads and stopped acting like a newbian that this title would be removed.

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

I have to agree with K_K. If you wish to lose the title then you are going to have to act accordingly.

And it's going to take time...

Nobody here is going to stop calling you the forum newbie for a long time, even if you change your ways completely starting immediately, so get used to the idea.

Not starting useless threads and not chiming in when you have nothing to say are a start, but I'm afraid it's going to take a lot to change everybody's minds here.

I have seen you use proper grammar at times, and other posts where your spelling was pretty good (at least better than your norm) so I know you can do it if you want. (And yes, I am aware of your learning disablity, and I am taking that into consideration.)

Like K_K said, just take some extra time to think about your response to something before dashing off a reply. It will go a long way towards improving your status in the eyes of the community.

But we've all been down this road before on this subject, haven't we?

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Look I understand it takes time to change peoples opinions, im not disputing that, but I was told by everyone here that I would not take time because it could not be done. Admiral labled me the eternal newbian - meaning i can never change that title, all I want is a chance to change that title.

Oh and I didnt realise that my spelling made me a Newbian, and I really cant see that because i find it difficult to spell things right and to get correct gramma that i should be punnished, I do spend a lot of time checking my posts but they still seem to have errors in them.

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

I'm not saying your posts need to be perfect in spelling and grammar, none of ours are, but at least make an effort at it.

This last post from you was great! Very legible and understandable. Keep up that standard and perhaps things will change.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Ok, I had to spend 5 mins checking that post for spelling and gramma, for me it is very difficult so if there are any bad posts I apologize (sp (sorry)) (wait ill just spell check that) - (I dont believe it word says that it is correct) ill get back to the topic now.

I apologize for all those posts before hand thank you for giving me a, 3rd or is it 4th chance? anyway thanx a lot I will no longer put up stupid threads up for one and will try my hardest on posts.

Oh and Admiral I would like you to say that I can redeme (wait a sec) - redeem myself otherwise I think most people will always count me as the forum newbian and even if they dont your opinion matters to me.

Now I will check this post for errors.

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Jabba, here's a hint:

Keep Word open in a window while you are online. When you see something you want to reply to type it into Word, then run the spell and grammar checks.

After that just copy and paste into a post and then hit submit.

If you don't have word then use an e-mail program.

Give it a try.

Jabba to start out with the Newbian is only a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously, (I do have to mention I didn't come up with the word itself however I remembered it, I have a good memmory)

As for action, do what everyone else has told you. Don't start two threads on the same topic.

Can you rid yourself of that title sure you can, anybody can rid themselves of any titles. Will it occur over night probably I would say no. Can it happen that is entirely up to you. In the end you will probably get a different nickname or maybe even referred to as a Newbian, however it will be a pure joke then. Good luck.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Is it just me, or does the word Newbian imply something more along the lines of From Newb? Like "Canadian", "American", or "Russian"...

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

*sings*

And now I know,

How far you'll go,

To be the next freak show,

Newbian Psycho!

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Yeah I kinda realised that about word.

If I do have any big problems in one of my posts could someone please point them out to me so I can learn from it.

------------------

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived