Home

Finally (pointless mini-rant)

Nute Gunray

at some point last night, my mouse and keyboard died. Computer mouse. Like i'd actually be able to sustain an additional lifeform in my room such as a caged rodent. i can barely sustain my own existence. so i restarted about eleven thousand times to no avail (although that got the keyboard working) and even defragged my hard drive. apparently i should have done that some point before WWI,because judging from how fragged it was it looked like it had to have needed defragged around 1915. so now my mouse fails to respond to my every command. I move it and it doesn't. Immediately... It eventually determines it got moved and then hurriedly moves in the direction it HOPES i moved it. And it confuses which button i clicked. So it's getting replaced later today with one of those optical mouse thingys because those look cool.

oh yeah and today I decided to wake up at a reasonable time. by reasonable i mean before the clock says PM on it.

So at about 8 AM, I being my ATTEMPTS to get online. AOL spewed out all manner of exotic error messages. My favorite was when it told me MY modem couldn't make the connection to theirs. That was curious, because I had my music off and my speakers turned up so i could hear the dial tone, my modem dial out, and THEIR SERVER MADE OF CHEEZ WHIZ AND PRETZELS NOT ANSWER. Clearly the lack of response on their end was my fault. Why? because that's what the error message said. So i kept trying. I even watched Independence Day on DVD while I was trying. I noticed a lot of things in that movie. Such as the "International Code" scene that takes place in the Iraqi desert features no less than 6 different types of aircraft and at least 7 different nationalities. The Battle of Los Angeles features four different types of fighter but they only ever show combat with F/A-18s. The Battle of Area 51 has at least five different types, including a handful of Harriers. So much detail in this background of this film and they just show us stupid F/A-18s. I would have rather enjoyed watching Egyptian MiG-29s, French F-16s, Israeli F/A-18s and F-15s, Iraqi MiG-21s, Iranian F-14s, and whatever the British had (Plus those mysterious reinforcements hiding in the Golan Heights and the remains of the Belgian contingent in the Sinai and that single odd F-5E Tiger parked next to the Israelis) engaging the Alien Destroyer over the Pyramids.

So the movie ends and I close my DVD player. I notice AOL still hasn't connected on attempt 20987 so I give up and try to call my mom at work. certainly she'll listen to me whine about AOL. BUT NO! i was defeated by my ancient foe: the telephone company. It seems that I have neglected that the phone company invented a new way to make me mad. No longer can I dial a mere seven digits to call a LOCAL CALL. now i must put the area code in first. So i hax0r in to my aol setup thingy and put the magic 724 in front of the aol number.

i hits connect thanks to my clever use of the enter key in place using my dead mouse. SUCESS.

now i will attempt to click post or submit or whatever.

Two questions:

1.- What's with all the input device failures all of a sudden? First Zoomie, now Nute. If I were a more suspicious man... seems to be a disturbing trend starting here. wink.gif

2.- Am I the only one here that's a bit worried that the entity that was formally possessing Jabba's typing hands, causing all kinds of grammatical wierdness and endless run-on sentences, may have moved on to Nute? I had to double check to see who wrote this. biggrin.gif

He must have been rushing to type it all out before AOL crashed on him again! Yeah that must be it...

Yay AOL! (NOT!!!)

------------------

"I'm not NOT licking toads." - Homer

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited July 12, 2001).]

Guest Redwing

Uh-huh. Yeah. Exactly. *nods as if he knows exactly what everyone is talking about*

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Yay! At last I wont have anymoere trubole typgign styff adn you gyus wlil undrestnad waht mi syaign.

biggrin.gif

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Rogue 9

like any other person completeley dependant on there computer I replace my mouse often to prevent such an occurance I also rotate between to different mice on my main system to keep the component wear down. biggrin.gif all this because I have nothing better to do in the middle of the night. biggrin.gif

For ID4 the producers initially asked ithe Air Force would supprt them in the movie by use of thier plaens ans certain shots.

The Air Forces would only allow it if they removed any and all referances to Area 51.

Well, the producers said no.. that was the main part of the plot. So they had to use second rate props, and CGI

Probly the Computer graphics guy only had a detailed model of the F/A-18 hence why it was used so much

It was the Marines that helped (hence using MCAS El Toro and a Marine aircraft).

How they did the F/A-18's in the movie was quite impressive. They made a 3d model off of the actual blueprints of the fighter and then made the textures from photographs of a real F/A-18 they were lent.

There's some stuff they took out of that movie that would have REALLY made it suck. Like the Destroyer over Area 51 was supposed to be destroyed by that guy's BIPLANE WITH A MAVERICK STRAPPED TO IT. Weird.

That's fairly interesting. The inclusion of the Japanese in the code scene never made sense to me. Now it sort of does.

The burning ship behind the pyramids is supposed to be a nod to their other movie StarGate (which was basically an elaborate way to test effects techniques before starting ID4). The Udajeet fighters in StarGate make the same noises in flight as the ID4 Attackers and Ra's yacht was detonated in space with a nuke. HMMMM.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

that HMMMMMMMMing noise is creeping me out! Are the aliens coming now?

Also, I have proof that they caused my keyboard to fail. biggrin.gif Some conspiracy to do with my cats, space aliens and the Chinese government...

Guest Jabba The Hunt

my dog finds it funny to get under the desk and use up all the leg space - its worse than traveling economy class biggrin.gif

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:

my dog finds it funny to get under the desk and use up all the leg space - its worse than traveling economy class biggrin.gif

Reminds me when i was moving, and was takeing a cat with me. Some while en route he got out of the cage, and thoguht the safest place was underneath the gas pedal eek.gif

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

Reminds me when i was moving, and was takeing a cat with me. Some while en route he got out of the cage, and thoguht the safest place was underneath the gas pedal eek.gif

Huh! My pet skunk used to do the same thing!

Sig_1.gif

Sig_2.gif

------------------

"I'm not NOT licking toads." - Homer

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited July 16, 2001).]

Archived