Home

Suggestion for Space 1v1 Ladder Rules , scrap free units

P5yNerGy|TFL

Ok so far the rules in the ladder have been successful but after a few tweaks in 1v1 with a few players ive found "no free units rule" makes it even better.

Atm we have "free units". 2 problems.

Problem 1

With "free units" the game becomes the same at the start each time. 1 unit goes to the first patch , 1 unit goes to the enemy, and the other moves somewhere inbetween or supports. Its always the same and monotonous.

Problem 2

A skillful player will try to make his fighter survive (thats a general rts rule ) keep your units alive , avoid the corvs etc, need i mention sun tzu. A less skilled player will lose all his fighters carelessly. But then what happens , the less skilled gains 3 reinforcements whilst the skilled player is stuck with one fighter on red health.

Stupid..

Tactics have been developed wherby you kami fighters at the right time inorder to benefit from reinforcments or you try to kill your own fighters inorder for the 3 in garrison to undock but seriously....this game should atleast try to be realistic in simulating a proper tactical space battle, and not have quirks like that.

Benefits of no free units

What ive expierence in non ladder 1v1 with no free units..is more decision making and starting tactics. The fact the empires ties are cheaper becomes an advantage for empire..and this actually solves some of the imbalance between the two races at the start. Now reb really have to start taking advantage of the speed booast, or the xwings ability to beat ties.

Another great thing is surviving. Now you have to take care of your fighters, you cant just kami them knowing that 3 new ones will pop out of your base. Leave them hiding in nebulas so that at the right time they can drop off corvs to hit patches. Eventually you may have to buy new fighters ( something thats never done in current rules ladder ) inorder to gain range bonuses. Suddenly at level 1 you may have to build something other then a corvette or tartan.

My suggestion is people should start to experiment with the no free units rule, and possibly include no heroes rule and see how the game plays. I personally have found it much more fun and tactically challenging. Id really like to see it be part of ladder rules in the future.

another problem is that the ion cannons can disable ships and a station while the hyper gun knoks about ten health off a station on a couple of hard points on a cap ship while leaving the sheilds and wepon rate intact

the neb-bs are spposed to be hospitle ship but they can take out an acc and if there are no bommers or fighters they can take a vic and the mon cals that are supposd to be cruse liners can esaly take a isd if it has corrvett support

its just annoying to see the scum off the univers beating a trained army

the rebs are supposed to use tricks and stuuf to win not attack head on

but yea i agree with your points about noobs having advantages over skilled players

I have also found that 'no free untis' is more fun, and I usually host that way. I think I even posted a suggestion in another thread that this should be the default for multiplayer games. I first started using that mode because of the one map that seems to always cheat one of the rebel players out of their units. It made it fair for everyone, but I found out afterwards that I like that way better on all the maps. I also usually disable super weapons because the ion is so much better than the hyper gun.

another problem is that the ion cannons can disable ships and a station while the hyper gun knoks about ten health off a station on a couple of hard points on a cap ship while leaving the sheilds and wepon rate intact

the neb-bs are spposed to be hospitle ship but they can take out an acc and if there are no bommers or fighters they can take a vic and the mon cals that are supposd to be cruse liners can esaly take a isd if it has corrvett support

its just annoying to see the scum off the univers beating a trained army

the rebs are supposed to use tricks and stuuf to win not attack head on

but yea i agree with your points about noobs having advantages over skilled players

You have misinterpreted the role of the Nebulon-B.

They are not constructed to be medical ships; quite the opposite. The Rebels converted some of them into medical ships because they have no medical base themselves.

They were constructed to compliment the heavier Star Destroyers of the Imperial fleet, and were stolen or secretly given to the Rebel alliance.

Archived