Home

'The Last Express' and Grim Fandango like game

poinsettia

Hello, I am in the process of making a very small game in the style of The last express and Grim fandango. The last express used 3d backgrounds but with drawn charcters. I have tried to draw the charcter like this, and I think it is similer to drawings from the last express. I wanted to keep a sort of shakeness to it.

2e.jpg

I know the drawings are not the great I think I am going to have to do them again.

(Does anyone notice that the main charcter I modelled off Deborah Harry from the 80's band Blondie?)

Thank you. I like the first one two.

Im not that far into making it. Im not sure to bother with voices or not. This is only a one man job and I wouldnt have the resources. So far I have been using text. It would be great to find someone with good 3d skills to help me with any backgrounds.

*Im taking down the second picture for now, I want to draw it again

I did some more drawings last night. Im all so still trying to find someone to help with the 3d backgrounds. I can make furniture fine but im not good with making scenes using light effects etc...

The game (Like Grim fandango) Is art deco inspired. I can draw some clear sketches that would be easy to work from for each room. There is only about 4 rooms to do with difernet angles.

grim.jpg

grim2.jpg

grim3.jpg

• 1 year later...
Thank you. I like the first one two.

Im not that far into making it. Im not sure to bother with voices or not. This is only a one man job and I wouldnt have the resources. So far I have been using text. It would be great to find someone with good 3d skills to help me with any backgrounds.

*Im taking down the second picture for now, I want to draw it again

I can´t see the pictures, but do you live in Denmark?... I could act for you, and I´ve got some microphone-stuff, which I can´t get to work!...

• 3 weeks later...

is there somebody there that could help me, i am trying to instal grim fandango in my computer, i have windows xp, but when i run ti it say that the system get an error or something like that and it close the game, i have try to run it as windows 95 and 98 but it does the same

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just finished playing it and loved it. I love how it poetically describes the political situation of pre-WWI Europe. My favorite part of that game was the end credits, showing how Europe changed over time after 1914.

edit:

Playing through the game I realized that it was designed over the same period this was taking place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_wars

Hence making the game much more meaningful and moving.

Archived