Home

Star Trek XI - Has Been Officially Announced

The Source

Remember how I said, "I wonder what Star Trek thinks about the horrible numbers from Mission Impossible III, and how it will affect Star Trek XI"? Well, my cognitions were correct. Since Mission Impossible III was a mediocre movie, Star Trek may not be taking any risks. Star Trek XI is riding on it being a success. Recently, they removed the Star Trek XI announcement from their home page, and have posted:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/16094.html

I have been following Paramount's attitude about Star Trek, just like everyone else, for the past severl years. When the latest series 'Enterprise' was cancelled, I knew that Paramount didn't know what to do about the series. After watching the horrible box office numbers for Mission Impossible III, I said to myself, "This has to be a bump in Paramount's agenda for Star Trek". Some people may not agreee with me, but after seeing the Nemisis's box office numbers, I truely believe that they will not be giving Abrams a chance in developing a third movie.

They have too much riding on its success, and I don't believe that they can afford another failure movie. Therefore, I bet there is big debating on the Parmount lot as to what to do next.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived