Home

Star Trek XI - Has Been Officially Announced

The Source

Star Trek XI - Has Been Officially Announced

Its the end of the franchise.... Yahooooo...

Please don't take my statement as a negitive approach. I have been a Star Trek fan since birth. You can say that I have been following Star Trek longer than Star Wars. As you all know, Star Trek was cancelled a year or so ago. I have to say that the new movie will be a waste of time and energy.

IMHO - I belive the franchise needs a good 10 to 15 years in hiatus. I also think that the franchise is about to collapse. I have never felt this way about a series that I turely enjoy. When KotOR II gave me a stomach ache, I didn't say that I would not buy another KotOR game. When it comes to Star Trek, I feel that it has now truely runned its course. Since the writters are not moving into the 26th century, I can only see failure after failure in the Star Trek Franchise. If they go through with this movie, this will no doubt end the series for good.

The proposed story will focus on the early days of James T. Kirk and Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first mission in space.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/15891.html

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with the stated sentiment. Doesn't sound like a very interesting idea to me. Who would play James T. Kirk, Spock, Dr. McCoy, and the rest of the original Star Trek characters? IMO it just wouldn't be right to have someone else besides Shatner and Nimoy playing the roles of Kirk and Spock and those guys are way too old to do an original Star Trek prequel.

I know what you mean i think there should be a wait of 5 or 6 years when SG-1 is off and the star wars series have been aired and syndicated. I need remind you that the proposed Kirk and Spock the early years has NOT i repeat NOT been finalized as the script yet and personally i think they will favour previous concept of the renegade starfleet crew which will be more likely to spin off into a series. Supposedly, this was to be set at the timeframe between the destruction of the Enterprise D and construction of the Enterprise E with no relation to these events. The dominion war was also supposed to be the catalyst for making them renegade.

Well, First Contact was pretty damned good. To this news all I can say is: Nooooooooo! It is a terrible idea! I truely hope they listen to people's remarks on this and don't make this proposed story. The whole Star Trek thingymobobiliydoo needs to just rest a few years, or so... I think it has just worn itself out - I hope not completely!

Yeah. I agree. I can see an new Star Trek series in about 10 years. After watching the horrible Nemisis movie, I can honestly say they need the sleep for a while.

Gene Rodenberry created Star Trek to get people to look forward. When the new producers and writters started to do prequel series, I realized that the current state of Star Trek will not win over anyone. I would love to see in about 10 years a Star Trek about the 27th century. they can create whole new species, planets, and stories. For the past several years, the franchise has been recycling characters and storylines that have allready existed.

We need a Star Trek that feels like the prologue:

Space the Final Fronteer.... To seek out NEW life and civilizations... To go where no one has gone before...

I can see three of Gene Rodenberry's Philosophies, which the new writter have broken:

1. New Lifeforms

2. New Civilizations

3. Where no one has gone before.

Those philosophies is what Star Trek is all about. They drive people to the TV or Movies. In the middle of it all, we get fun, action, and adventure. In order for Star Trek to succeed into the future, they need to embrace these ideals.

"There are allways possibilities..." - Spock ST:II

The franchice has lost site at what makes us human, and what drives our curiosity. If they create prequel shows, this will make Star Trek fans feel like they have not progressed. Regressing is allways a bad thing, and it takes away the opportunity to grow, explore, and feel.

Yeah. I want to see a Star Trek movie, but I don't believe that anyone is qualified to write it at the moment.

---------

A few months ago, I thought I would write a screenplay and send it into Paramount. However, I don't think even I am qualified to capture what Gene Rodenberry's philosophy means to everyone.

The only Star Trek movie that was a total disaster was the first one. Even the cast admits it! (Followed closely by Star Trek V) My personal favorites are The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact, and Insurrection.

Unfortunately, I think this new idea could very likely top the first one as being the most horrible of all time. Personally, I wish that they would do Deep Space Nine for the next few films (which was my favorite of all of the tv series).

Personally, I wish that they would do Deep Space Nine for the next few films (which was my favorite of all of the tv series).

Avery Brooks was a great captain. I would love to see him on the big screen. The problem is, DS9 was not that popular and probably would not attract many people to the theaters.

Honestly, this just dosen't seem like a great idea. Who can possibly play a young Kirk and Spock. I cant help but think of Dumb and Dumberer.....

On some level, it would be cool to see the early days of Kirk and Spock but I still don't think it will make a great movie.

I want to see TNG cast have a shot at going out with a good movie....

Wrath of Khan.

Didn't like the wyrd phaser-effects,and the "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" thing really spoiled it for me.

And yes, a DS9 film would be awesome, but what would you do it about?

Actually, a film about the Voyager crew after returning to the Alpha Quadrant could be good.

And yes, a DS9 film would be awesome, but what would you do it about?

Thats an easy one. What happened to Benjamin Sisko? If they did a movie, it would have to incorporate that. Perhaps he returns from the prophets to help humanity from some evil or whatever.

Actually, a film about the Voyager crew after returning to the Alpha Quadrant could be good.

Of all the series, Voyager had the worst crew to try to make a movie with. The cameos that Janeway and the Doctor had are cool, though.

I'd like to see Sisko's return. What if Jake Sisko gets a "vision" from his father. They have to go and do something or other so he can return. (Like finding an ancient Bajoran ruin thats lost in the Gama Quadrent.) It would be kinda cool if some kinda way Picard and the Enterprise is involved. It would be great to see the DS9 cast and TNG cast team up together. Maybe even a Voyager crew member.

I know that might not really be a great idea, but its just off the top of my head. As a fan, I'd like to see something like this to send the current generation out.

I think the crew of Voyager was worth a movie too...

I'd love to see what happened with Seven, Chakotay, the Borg, and of course the time paradox the series ends with. They practically get an unbeatable warship.

I'm a big fan of the series and movies too, especially the movies. The reason they stopped 'using' the old crew, was because they felt it needed a new impulse, so the made 'generations.' I can't understand why they don't leave the Kirk-saga bee. It was ended perfectly in Generations.

Although Voyager was my favourite series, it simply wouldn't work as a movie. I know that Robert Beltran has said that he's sick of Chakotay, and I think Jeri Ryan is sick of Seven, but hasn't said so publicly.

Besides, Voyager just isn't Voyager without Neelix :(

EDIT: However, I think that a movie with one of the Voyager cast in it would be cool. Maybe have Lieutenant Kim.

@Jae, He was walking down an academy hallway dead drunk with an ensign on each arm, he lost balance and their combined weight shattered a wall near the simulator and fell into a mess of wires and circuits which controlled the kobayashi simulation,(actually the wall was several corridors away from the simulator, the instructors had displaced it to protect it from meddling cheaters...Kirk is one lucky dude) the menage trois that ensued resulted in drastic rewiring of the control circuits, rendering the kobayashi solveable. He was still terribly hungover when he arrived for the test (the three moonanite slammerwarpers he chugged down prior to entering the simulator didn't cause much improvement). When the deciding moment of the test appeared he was quoted to have said "What time....is it...? Stop asking....me what time it is! They're charging.....the flying monkeys! THERE'S..............SOMETHING ON THE WING! Fritzenfrokens to full strength! Flubber! All...your base.......are belong to us" the attacking vessels discoed across the sky and popped into large clouds of IPODs, their captains screaming "Somebody set...ooh Ipods!" he then stumbled out of the simulator saying "Where'd that.....blonde ensign run off...to???

The admirals looked at each other quizically and concluded that they needed some coffe, and passed him because it involved less paperwork.

Some say he walked out of the test with a huge smile on his mug... it is still under debate wether he was simply pleased with his performance, or still pleased from his previous performance;)

@DI, Come on! Nukleeur Wessels!:lol:

Insurrection was my least favorite, but they're all good.

I like the idea of a renegade crew....Whedon to direct?:D

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

:xp:

Snipped so that I don't spew any more Diet Pepsi all over the place and wet myself laughing so hard.....

@Jae, He was walking down an academy hallway dead drunk with an ensign on each arm, ...Kirk is one lucky dude) the menage trois that ensued resulted in drastic rewiring of the control circuits, rendering the kobayashi solveable.

.... their captains screaming "Somebody set...ooh Ipods!" he then stumbled out of the simulator saying "Where'd that.....blonde ensign run off...to???

The admirals looked at each other quizically and concluded that they needed some coffe, and passed him because it involved less paperwork.

OH. MY. G-D. :rofl:

What, only 2 girls? What happened to the harem?

Some say he walked out of the test with a huge smile on his mug... it is still under debate wether he was simply pleased with his performance, or still pleased from his previous performance;)

Um, both. ;P

Snipped so that I don't spew any more Diet Pepsi all over the place and wet myself laughing so hard.....

@Jae, He was walking down an academy hallway dead drunk with an ensign on each arm, ...Kirk is one lucky dude) the menage trois that ensued resulted in drastic rewiring of the control circuits, rendering the kobayashi solveable.

.... their captains screaming "Somebody set...ooh Ipods!" he then stumbled out of the simulator saying "Where'd that.....blonde ensign run off...to???

OH. MY. G-D. :rofl:

What, only 2 girls? What happened to the harem?

Um, both. ;P

Yes I have heard that there is going to be another Trek movie. I have always loved Star Trek. In the new movie, it better have Dr Leonard McCoy in it, it won'tbe the same with out a young Leonard McCoy. I was always a fan of the ships doctor and the ships first officer Mr Spock, always used to love them bickering. At teh moment I am exploring another Star Trek series of Star Trek: DS9 and exploring another relationship of another two characters and they're: Quark and Odo. any way, I hope the doctor is in there or the movie won't be the same.

Archived